T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried the driver installation over and over several times.

The cutter is connected directly to the laptop.

I have no other devices (aside from my mouse) or hubs connected to the laptop.

The cutter power is on.

The USB cable is connected properly to the laptop and cutter.

I've tried uninstalling the device from the device manager.

I've tried rebooting my PC and cutter.

I've tried to change the cutter from GCC USB mode to Common USB mode, but if the flashing lights on the cutter are any indication, it's wont change to "Common USB" and from what I've read that is the 64-bit mode.

I've disabled the automatic updates like the driver installer tells me to do.

I do not have any other programs running like the installer tells me to do.

I've got Windows 8 64-bit.

I'm in a stunned state of complete loss.

Attachments

· Registered
2,690 Posts
You may have to contact GCC and have them install it remotely ,, some machines for some reason sail right through on windows 8 and some dont,, and if you upgraded to win 8.1 seems to be a little more difficult... you may look and see if your machine is in you printer device manager and connect it via the windows port.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spent about an hour on the phone with GCC and the problem seems to be the plotter's compatibility with Windows 8.1. Win 8.1 can't recognize the USB device.

We tried it on my Win 7 machine and it works, so I'm now in the process of downgrading (if you want to call it that) my laptop from Win 8.1 to Win 7.

Nothing would happen when I tried to switch my cutter's USB modes. The "cut test" button would just keep flashing no matter which button I pushed.

· Registered
47 Posts
I know it's an old thread but i'm having the same problem. Iv'e just bought a used expert 24 and it wont connect to my 64 bit win7 pc. when I try to change the usb mode from GCC to common as instucted by pressing on/offline then pause and origin set together no lights show up on my cutter.
I borrowed an old laptop with xp on it and I can get the cutter to work but even on that I cant get the VLCD to see the cutter (nothing shows up in the box to connect to)
I must say i'm not too impressed with this machine. iv'e owned a few cutters and still have a little graphtec 5000-40 none have been a problem setting up like this thing, also it seems that the makers of it are no longer supporting it even though seleral firms are still selling it new !!
Any advice would be much appreciated.

· Registered
2,690 Posts
Have you tried connecting through a windows port, that machine should be in your printer manager... The machine is one of GCC best sellers and has been just upgraded with more advancements... Also one has no idea what problems that may arise purchasing used equipment.

I know it's an old thread but i'm having the same problem. Iv'e just bought a used expert 24 and it wont connect to my 64 bit win7 pc. when I try to change the usb mode from GCC to common as instucted by pressing on/offline then pause and origin set together no lights show up on my cutter.
I borrowed an old laptop with xp on it and I can get the cutter to work but even on that I cant get the VLCD to see the cutter (nothing shows up in the box to connect to)
I must say i'm not too impressed with this machine. iv'e owned a few cutters and still have a little graphtec 5000-40 none have been a problem setting up like this thing, also it seems that the makers of it are no longer supporting it even though seleral firms are still selling it new !!
Any advice would be much appreciated.

· Registered
47 Posts
Have you tried connecting through a windows port, that machine should be in your printer manager... The machine is one of GCC best sellers and has been just upgraded with more advancements... Also one has no idea what problems that may arise purchasing used equipment.
Thank you for quick reply. The cutter does show up in "printers" on the old xp laptop and if i send a file to it via flexi it will plot it (i'm using a pen to save wasting vinyl till i get it set up) but when i open VLCD (to change force etc) the cutter is not showing up.
On my 64 bit win 7 pc the driver will not complete loading because the cutter is stuck in GCC usb mode and will not change.

· Registered
47 Posts
Ok I have tried uninstalling everything, I downloaded latest drivers and tried to install on my win 7 64 bit pc, everything is going ok untill it asks me to ensure cutter is turned on and usb is plugged in. I do that and hit ok, a box comes up onscreen saying GCC USB is enabled (I am unable to alter this to common USB on the cutter) so I hit ok and another box comes up saying "incorrect parameters"
As I said earlier the cutter will work on a 32 bit laptop the problem seems to be because the cutter will not let me change from Gcc usb to common usb.
I joined the GCC club but there is no support on there for a machine that is still being sold here in the uk.
What a company.
Think i'll just throw it in the garage and go and buy a proper cutter

· Registered
2,690 Posts
does flexi allow you to pick windows port instead of usb.. if so that is what you would use,, it should let you pick your cutter and then it should let you pick your port weither it be a lpt,usb or windows port.

If you can pick windows port your printer manager will pop up and show your cutter in there just select it and then ok

· Registered
47 Posts
does flexi allow you to pick windows port instead of usb.. if so that is what you would use,, it should let you pick your cutter and then it should let you pick your port weither it be a lpt,usb or windows port.

If you can pick windows port your printer manager will pop up and show your cutter in there just select it and then ok
Thank you again.
Flexi is only working on the old laptop with xp the 32 bit driver loaded ok on that, my problem is not being able to change the usb mode from GCC to COMMON on the cutter itself, If I could do that i think the 64 bit driver would install on my win 7 pc

· Registered
47 Posts
Iv'e just spent another 4 hours on this, I borrowed another old xp pc and after watching a video on setting it up I tried to install the cutter on that, I plugged the power and usb in and turned it on, It wont even install the usb printer support, it just says it's found new hardware but cannot find software to download.

· Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem with An LX Expert 24 on Win 7 64bit, shows up as unrecognized device and software cannot see it plugged in, VLCD 3 will acknowledge it when I am hooked to parallel to usb keyspan but freezes and cannot change any settings(shows up as COM2)
i used windows port as mentioned in Winpcsign and still no communication, it acknowledges COM2 but no cutting, I also cannot change the setting between common usb and GCC usb
I run Graphtec and AIP and PCUT with no problems at all.
Bought used so cannot try Greatcut, Do have flexisign and will see if I can get any movement with that, Should I have to buy an old XP comp to use this ??:(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.