T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to experiment with mixing in Green Galaxy's Warp Drive low cure additive into Matsui's RC Eco WB inks for use on polyester prints. Not sure if anyone's ever tried this before, so looking to see what people's thoughts would be on cross brand mixing of this nature.

Will keep you guys updated on the results and see how it goes. If anyone has any thoughts on this idea or any experience doing so, share.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Are you printing on dark polyester with an under base?
Also, how low a temp or how quickly are you curing them?
Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you printing on dark polyester with an under base?
Also, how low a temp or how quickly are you curing them?
Best of luck to you!
Didn't do an underbase, but did print - flash - print a white WB ink on a royal blue polyester garment.

yeah, did both last night because I wanted to see the whole dye migration thing first hand. I got the idea together that it primarily occurs on dark garments and is most noticable in light inks. Last night I did a white Green Galaxy WB ink on a royal blue polyester shirt and it did the whole dye migration thing pretty bad. Not really sure the exact temperature because i'm ghetto curing the garment, but I'm sure it gets pretty hot. Usually when I put the heat thermometer gun on the garment after curing it registers well over 320F. I usually keep it in front my heat source for at least 30-40 seconds.

I'm not any kind of professional, just feeling my way through the learning phase of the process and dabbling in as many things as I can to learn as much as I can.

Didn't get the dye migration at all on a white polyester garment with black WB ink.

Just figured I'd try the whole adding Warp Drive to Matsui. Haven't really been disappointed with the Green Galaxy WB inks I got from Ryonet with my starter kit, but want to see what else is out there. Also, getting a much better price on Matsui WB from McLogan when compared to Ryonet GG.

Again, I'll keep you guys posted on the results and post some pictures. Any advice you have is appreciated.

And yeah, I know...once I get more comfortable with my printing technique I'll be purchasing a flash unit as well as a conveyor dryer....if I got that route at all.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Didn't get the dye migration at all on a white polyester garment with black WB ink.
There's no dye in white polyester to bleed. You can print any waterbased inks on white anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts