T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We need to buy a conveyor dryer under $3500 asap since ours died today. Does anyone use the Vastex Econored I for water based and/or discharge printing? How well does it work for that application, and do you have to run the shirt through twice?

· Registered
885 Posts
I have a Vastex DB 120. It's the smaller version of the Econored. I use it for Discharge and Water Based ink. It works great. On the Econored 1 you can get a Scrub Air Option to assist on the Water Based Stuff.
Mine keeps up with me, I've been using it for 5 years now. Great piece of equipment...
For Discharge and Water Based, I slow the belt down, Raise the heating unit. Run through once.
My whole shop is Vastes. Screen Machine, Oven, Exposing unit..

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, GraphicGuy. Do you flash your discharge and water based prints first? We do, but it would be great not to have to do that and just throw it on the belt. It looks like we will add the forced air option, which takes it slightly over budget, but I think it might help us.

· Registered
119 Posts
We use an Econored II and have no problem with Discharge... just ran a job yesterday and only go thru the dryer 1 time. We usually raise up the heat panels a bit and slow down the belt to 40. You could flash at the end of your print and then go straight to dryer at a slow speed and that could help you out. Our dryer is 54" so we just go side by side and still produce at a good rate. But yes the Econored has no problem with discharging... GREAT DRYERS!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.