T-Shirt Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
How did you find your agent?

Selecting the manufacturer can be quite daunting. I've recently been sourcing a decent T-Shirt supplier in China. You can go to sites like Alibaba and Global sources and find thousands of factories that offer T-shirts. You contact them and they will send you prices for basic Tees but when you start talking distressed or vintage wash the communication dries up quickly.
Whilst they can manufacture anything you've got to be very specific with your requirements. It takes time but try to find a manufacturer who is doing similar garments to your requirements. When I started my Teddy Bear Business I went through over 100 suppliers and agents to find one that could make a tightly knitted hooded top for the bears. I've seen many copycat offerings since I started but none come close. I'm lucky to have a really excellent agent in China who checks all my mechandise and although I pay a little extra I sleep better! Ong gave a really good breakdown but sometimes you can be as detailed and as specific as you like but if they have a problem understanding your requirements you are banging your head against a brick wall. If it was easy everyone would be doing it. You got to be prepared to stick your neck out you are ordering 1000 pieces per stlye per colour, you've got to get it 100%.
My Chinese is non-existant but my agent speaks better English than me, that helps!

· Registered
12 Posts
We deal with some of the best factories in China, very professional people who work hard to remain efficient but still human-rights compliant. I don't think that any discussion about producing in China is complete until human rights and environmental sensitivity is addressed. Dollars aren't the only cost involved.

Even then, if our designer didn't go over herself 3 or 4 times a year, I'm sure that we'd be out of business. Chinese factories are more on the ball than given credit for but there is always that distance to contend with and we still have to send the occasional item back. I'm certain that a company they do lots of repeat business with, like us, gets better service than a one-time order through some broker. I would find someone to shepherd the order through the whole process.
-Bob

· Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for the nice breakdown, Ong!

What are some common minimum quantities for international manufacturers?
It depends on each manufacturer, from around 100 pcs per design up to thousands pcs, it's not always thousands pcs like people always think about oversea manufacturers

· Registered
25 Posts
Hands down Turkey is the place to manufacture textiles if true quality is what your in the market for. True, theres no competing with a Chinese workforce that's paid in misery, but hands down Turkey is where its at if you need specialty printing/ embellishments, fabrics (specifically natural), cut and sew (workmanship). Integrity speaks loudly

· Registered
21 Posts
Oh ok, that makes a lot of sense.

Would do a great job for them because they don't want to lose their account.

I am on Alibaba, but as stated above, there are thousands of manufacturers and ALL of them state that they can do my job perfectly.

They show me some of their samples, which look ok, but I would feel better if I knew that they produced Puma, Crooks & Castles, Nike, etc.

· Registered
6 Posts
Re: Experience with overseas manufacturers?

we have a small company and right now we will be making kinda small orders...so how do we get in contact with the Outsourcing Brokers? and i assume that they will get us in contact with the companies in Europe that will print, sew in labels, and place hang tags on our products! or am i just wrong? lol :D

Did you find a chinese source? i am a small company t shirt company too.

· Registered
1 Posts
Just to warn you all.

Sreemik industries is a pakistan company. Their company is ran by irtaza naeem. He has stolen 16,000 dollats from us and has lied to us twice about making the leggings we orginallu bought from him. it has been almost 8 months since we have paid him and when we push back legally he promises to have them and "shipped" them but yet they never seen to have a tracking number or to show up. He isa terrible buisness man and this company is one you should avoid 100%. We have taken legal action and are starting to sue him and shut odwn his comaony but i want to warn as many people as possible until they are shut down. Stay away!

· Registered
1 Posts
I am an over sear manufacturer we have factories in Bangladesh Indian china and have offices in18 countries. we develop our fashion products with our own fashion designer located in several countries. Starting from concept sample to top of production.

we take small and large order, fashion order where SMV is more with better value-added price and quality.

Please find the company profile along with our samples in the attachment.

we want an appoint from you and wanted to discuss our capability to deliver any fashion items.

Here is my email [email protected] and mobile no +610423957955

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.