T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I need your advice or share your experience with the ETSY webpage! I have 20 T-shirt in the ETSY webpage and I have 0 sells ! I have the T-shirt over 2 months and the daily traffic is 5-6 people per day!
I have run ads in Facebook also but without luck!
What am I doing wrong??

· Registered
342 Posts
Hmm...if I can humbly ask this. How do your designs look? What is the feedback of your designs/ shirts?

Quick comparison....why do some people price gouge water, gas and not clothing, music, etc during any type of disaster? Necessity #exactly (though I think that those who do are heartless bas-turds).

Remember, People buy what they need first, what they want second. In business, if you can turn a want into a feeling of need...you are super golden!

With that being said, have you shown your designs to people who are willing to give you an honest opinion? If they are buyers and ideally aligned as your ideal consumer and are not buying....they don't like your designs. #Period

You have two choices with shirt marketing_when you are not making sales:

Get you designs in the face of your financially capable consumer and/or create better designs.

Answer these questions and I hope your sales soon blow through the roof.

Jae

· Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot for the answer, my opinion is that my designs look good but the photos and the description maybe isn't good! The price is normal and shipping also...I can give a link for my shop but I think is against forum rules

· Registered
4,498 Posts
Being on a platform like Etsy is a smart move. I don't do any advertising of my Etsy shop, but it vastly outperforms my own URL, which I use social media and occasional advertising to promote.

Identify keywords and phrases that your target market might use in a search for each item. Use a few of those words and phrases in the listing's title and use ALL (that will fit) of them in the keyword field for the listing.

My best guess is that either you are not using the correct keywords OR the topic of your designs fall into the category of Things-People-Are-Not-Looking-For. That is not a criticism of your work!

I have many designs that people admire in person, but will rarely--if EVER--find online. People cannot search for things they have never thought of/about and do not know exist. They may like it if they saw it, but the Internet is search driven, including Etsy, so they won't see what they aren't looking for.

You may have to do some designs that are more relevant to what people are already looking for in order to get traffic to your shop.

Etsy is also pretty female in terms of the customer base, so things that women want to buy for themselves, or as a gift for someone else, will do better than than things only a guy would buy for himself.

Also, there is the possibility that your topic is not something people want to wear on their chest. Even if people agree with the sentiment, they may not want to walk the streets proclaiming their interest/admiration of it. I had one shirt that got more attention than any other when I would wear it, people asking where I got it, and me giving them cards. Only 3 people ended up buying it. Although tons of people strongly agreed with the sentiment, when it came down to it they didn't want to "wear it on their sleeve."

EDIT: Also, things tend to be a little slow as people get their kids back in school and adjust to a new schedule.

· Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Being on a platform like Etsy is a smart move. I don't do any advertising of my Etsy shop, but it vastly outperforms my own URL, which I use social media and occasional advertising to promote.

Identify keywords and phrases that your target market might use in a search for each item. Use a few of those words and phrases in the listing's title and use ALL (that will fit) of them in the keyword field for the listing.

My best guess is that either you are not using the correct keywords OR the topic of your designs fall into the category of Things-People-Are-Not-Looking-For. That is not a criticism of your work!

I have many designs that people admire in person, but will rarely--if EVER--find online. People cannot search for things they have never thought of/about and do not know exist. They may like it if they saw it, but the Internet is search driven, including Etsy, so they won't see what they aren't looking for.

You may have to do some designs that are more relevant to what people are already looking for in order to get traffic to your shop.

Etsy is also pretty female in terms of the customer base, so things that women want to buy for themselves, or as a gift for someone else, will do better than than things only a guy would buy for himself.

Also, there is the possibility that your topic is not something people want to wear on their chest. Even if people agree with the sentiment, they may not want to walk the streets proclaiming their interest/admiration of it. I had one shirt that got more attention than any other when I would wear it, people asking where I got it, and me giving them cards. Only 3 people ended up buying it. Although tons of people strongly agreed with the sentiment, when it came down to it they didn't want to "wear it on their sleeve."
Thanks a lot!Can you please send me via direct message your link to your shop ?
Also another thing ,a lot of people like quotes T-shirt but honestly I don't !But you are right (I think i must make T-shirt more designs for the public )! I really like multicolor layer stencils to make and honestly one of the design was super in social media but nobody have buy it...

· Registered
4,498 Posts
Thanks a lot!Can you please send me via direct message your link to your shop ?
Also another thing ,a lot of people like quotes T-shirt but honestly I don't !But you are right (I think i must make T-shirt more designs for the public )! I really like multicolor layer stencils to make and honestly one of the design was super in social media but nobody have buy it...
While I'm pretty free on here about sharing advice and knowledge, I do not share my designs :eek:

Most of my designs incorporate both text and graphics. But either way, Search is text based, so you need to be able to relate your design to some keyword search someone is likely to do. Something like "Ugly Christmas Sweater," "I Love My Pug," "Impeach Trump," whatever. More abstract ideas, or just pretty art, would be much harder to get traffic to.

You don't have to have the design that 95% of people want. If you did have such a design, Walmart and a 100 other people would be selling more of them than you within a month.

But you do need to strike a chord with at least some niche of people. Something they care about, are interested in, love, hate, want to proclaim on their chest. People search for these things, they are their passions. Many such things are bought as gifts, another cat shirt for cat-loving Aunt Martha.

My current best selling designs grew from a couple of shirts I did for a relatively small niche, which was pretty different from the general vibe of my brand. I recently spun it off as its own brand as it was outselling everything else combined--and is far enough out of the mainstream of society that mixing them with my other designs was probably hurting the sales of both. Anyway, for that little niche, I seem to be the only one doing what I am doing for them. Yes, there are other shirts out there for the niche, but they largely seem to be from people with little understanding or insight of the niche and no idea at all of how to mix humor with it.

As to colors ... my earliest best seller was 3 colors. After that it was a 2 colors. Current best sellers are all single color. In general, simple works best for a T-shirt. And black shirts; almost everyone wants black. But do what you do, as we all have our own thing to contribute.

· Registered
167 Posts
This is very good advice. I may need to look back into Etsy.

EDIT: Also, things tend to be a little slow as people get their kids back in school and adjust to a new schedule.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.