T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just been to my local Screen printing suppliers to price everything up and he recommended their flash curer which costs $4130. Its called a Didgital control Flash curer, Single phase.... This is way out of my budget.

What is a cheaper way of curing? I will be using Plastisol ink and not huge runs.... I am in New Zealand. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
If you want cheap...
Buy a heat gun, and a IR temp. gun.
You need to bring the entire thickness of ink up to at least 310 F (155 C)

After doing this for a few print runs, you will be ready to spend more money to get a nice flash and dryer. :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
That's absurd for a flash cure. No to disrespect the company. I'm sure it's fantastic unit with all the bells and whistles, but in the end, it's just a heater.

You can buy a generic one for like 250$, and could probably score one used of craigslist for 100$

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought so. I have looked around and cant find anyone selling Flash Curers. I was trying to avoid getting one from overseas, but looks like i might have to. Are their other methods i could consider??

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What brand did you get? Are you in NZ too? What happens with the warrenty if it breaks? Think i will have to do the same. There seems to be a few on there..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now im even more confused..

I just got an email back from a supplier in the US and he told me that i should go for a conveyor dryer rather than a flash dryer. But i just read a post where people are curing their plastisol with heat presses. This would be cheaper and easier to source, but is it the right method???

·
Registered
214 Posts
Now im even more confused..

I just got an email back from a supplier in the US and he told me that i should go for a conveyor dryer rather than a flash dryer. But i just read a post where people are curing their plastisol with heat presses. This would be cheaper and easier to source, but is it the right method???

He was more than likely just trying to get more money out of you. If you're doing mulit-color prints, a flash cure is a must. If you're doing one colors you can do full cures with a flash, or a conveyor, or a heat press, or your kitchen oven, or a heat gun.

Basically, if it can hit 350 degrees and stay there, you're good.

If you're only doing one colors, and you have easy access to a heat press, go for it. Just don't close the clamp all the way as to press the shirt. Set the clamp so it's about an inch or so off the shirt.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
I just got an email back from a supplier in the US and he told me that i should go for a conveyor dryer rather than a flash dryer.
If you're buying this to cure shirts, then yes.

But i just read a post where people are curing their plastisol with heat presses. This would be cheaper and easier to source, but is it the right method???
No, it's not the right method, but yes, it can work.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Blue Print Imaging Ltd
1 Inlet Road
Takanini, Auckland
P: (09) 299-7770
F: (09) 299-7771
Rick Day, Director
Blue Print Imaging | Index

Universal Screen Limited NZ
Adrian Bennett and Ross Clarke
UNIVERSAL SCREEN SUPPLIES LTD.
7 BASALT PLACE
EAST TAMAKI
P.O. BOX 58-673, AUCKLAND
(+64) 9 274 3831
F: (+64) 9 274 3833
Screenprinting Solutions for New Zealand by Universal Screen
[email protected]

Screenprinting Association of New Zealand, Inc.
PO Box 12, Beachlands
Auckland
T: 64-9-536-5410
SGIAA Screen Printing & Graphic Imaging Assoc. - Digital Printing Banners Posters Point of Sale Binders 3D Objects

1 - 13 of 13 Posts