T-Shirt Forums banner

Expectations for a screenprinter

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Millenionltd 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I've been trolling the forums for a long time, but finally decided to sign up... We started a clothing company about 6 months ago here in San Diego, CA and have been trying out different screenprinters.

The problem we have run into is that nobody seems to meet our expectations... Are they too high?

Seems like every company we go to has registration issues... Not horribly off, but slight imperfections..

Also, color matching has been a problem as well... We took the design below to get printed, and asked the printer to match the color... We didn't do any ink research prior to this.. and He pretty much used a permaset mid red and added a little bit of white to lighten it up... Which still looks good, but is nowhere near what our design was. After only 5 minutes of research I found a color that matched much better, which was a permaset ROSE.

So, are my expectations too high?

Also how about pricing?

See less See more
#5 ·
Being a printer myself, i would say no, your expectations are not to high, if your order a product, you should get what you ask for, i mean as far as colors, you may not always get exact, but pretty close, and if they can't register a job, then i have no clue why they would be printing, so again no, if they say they can do the job, they need to give you what your looking for, quality is most important, quality isn't cheap, and cheap isn't quality

#7 ·
Seems like every company we go to has registration issues... Not horribly off, but slight imperfections..

Also, color matching has been a problem as well... We took the design below to get printed, and asked the printer to match the color... We didn't do any ink research prior to this.. and He pretty much used a permaset mid red and added a little bit of white to lighten it up... Which still looks good, but is nowhere near what our design was. After only 5 minutes of research I found a color that matched much better, which was a permaset ROSE.
Whilst screenprinting does not register exactly, the tshirts move, the screen stretches etc. you should not notice it, it should be minimised.
You can add a bit of trap when separating for security.

Specify the Pantone colour that you want and it should be easy to match. There's no argument about a Pantone number.

#10 · (Edited)
He was going to charge an 18$ pantone match fee, but he waived it since our qty was 250.

If any of you guys have a good, reliable screenprinter that does waterbased, plastisol, foils and does it at a fair price with a reasonable turn around time... Shoot me a PM..

.. In San Diego preferably, but we're willing to go as far as LA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.