T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year i joined this forum because my wife and i were in the process of purchasing an existing t shirt business. Long story short we had to walk away once we dug deeper in the companies financials.

Since that time we have purchased equipment to do heat transfers and vinyl. We have been making shirts,stickers, window clings etc for friends and family.

We are now again looking at another business that is for sale. The company has a good reputation and has been in the business for many years.

The shop has screen printing and embroidery capabilities. I am wondering if anyone would be willing to give an honest opinion on the machines value and reliability. The equipment brands are well known but some of it is older and hard to value for a person such as myself with little to no experience. I understand brand and value are subjective but would value opinions from experienced printers. I would also prefer to send the list in private.

thank you

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you put up a general list and age you may find several opinions on each piece.
I agree with you thank you for the recommendation.

Below is a partial list of what i would be concerned with the most. All equipment seems to be in working order. The Embroidery machines have been serviced by a Melco Tech every 1-2 years depending on amount of time used.

1995 Melco 10needle 4 head - EMC-104T
2002 Melco 10 needle single head EMT-10T

2006 Odyssey 6C6S B80846
2006 Workhorse exposure B80939
2006 Workhorse Auto flash 80765
2006 Powerhorse conveyor dryer B810027
2006 Workhorse 4C2S no model#

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
You can hire a valuation attorney or just do it yourself by calling a leasing company like Beacon Funding to determine the FMV of the FFE.

A premium price for this type of business is 2.5 times net plus FMV of FFE.

Reactions: mrcabdriver1

·
Registered
214 Posts
My company never had printing/embroidery equipment, but I think the best way to see if you're getting a good deal is to take 10 scrap shirts/garments and test the equipment, then run them through the wash once to see how they hold up. You'll also see first-hand if there are any major problems with the equipment.

·
Registered
479 Posts
My company never had printing/embroidery equipment, but I think the best way to see if you're getting a good deal is to take 10 scrap shirts/garments and test the equipment, then run them through the wash once to see how they hold up. You'll also see first-hand if there are any major problems with the equipment.
With screen print and embroidery the biggest concern is registration. Can you do a one side three color job and have good artwork registration on all heads?
Does the embroidery machine stitch in registration?
unfortunately I have no experience with any of this equipment but if your in disagreement on FMV of the equipment ask them to do a few tests. Run a 3 color screen print job and a test embroidery file.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My wife did spend about 4 hours with the owner working on actual jobs. She helped with two customer orders. The screen printing equipment seems to work fine. After putting a lot of thought into it the screen press isn't worth much since we could buy a new one for a few grand. The embroidery machine did run but it was just a single item job. After doing a bit of research I'm getting a better idea what the embroidery machines are worth and I think in all honesty none of it is worth much. We know what the owner is claiming for a profit and beyond that the old equipment won't add much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.