T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I have zero knowledge about shirts and printing, so I'm glad I found this forum. I feel like it would answer everything I'd need to know.

I'm a junior college student, who wants to learn how to provide for herself. Out of all the mini business I could have tried, I believe t-shirt printing is for me because this way I can still apply or even practice things I've learned in school. Express my creativity! :D Plus, where I live, there are a lot of cheap made in china shirts, and printing shops are everywhere.

I've been planning on creating a small online store that provides custom designed shirts (just like most people here hahaha) my main target are animal/pet lovers. I made something once, and was surprised when people wanted to buy it (the print its self, and on a shirt or mug as requested). Unfortunately I didn't have the means to open up a paypal account, print things, have it shipped and everything. But now I do! Designs are all from me, mainly vector made, but have no plans on buying my own silk screens and printers and all that. I'll probably look for someone who can do that part for me, which is the part that's confusing me the most, because there's so many types of printing. I want the best material I could find, and the best type of printing for that material.

This will only be a mini project for me, I need to raise money for a new computer to help me through college (I do 3D animation). After that, I may keep my small business (if it ever pushes through) as extra income :D

· Registered
937 Posts
A lot of this will depend on your designs and how you wish to sell them. If your designs are multi-colored, but you don't wish to stock any shirts with that design on them, you might be best off by finding someone with a DTG printer to subcontract your work. Another option for that might be Eco-Solvent transfers from someone with a Versacamm printer. You might also invest in Plastisol Transfers, which are ordered in quantity but applied to each shirt when an order comes in.
If your designs are something you think you might be able to have a stock of shirts on hand, then you might wish to have a dozen or more of each design screen printed on a selection of shirt sizes. You will most often be able to offer faster shipping with a stock on hand.
If your designs are usually one color and not too detailed, you could use any of the mentioned methods, but also think about garment vinyl which can be cut with a vinyl cutter. This can be very good for making one shirt at a time when a design sells, and when you are approached for a single shirt with some saying on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.