T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
Well, you could start with the ones I mentioned in your other thread :)

- does your website answer every possible question the shopper could have (sizing chart, company contact info, company history, phone number to call in case of order issues, how to order, payment methods accepted?, coupon codes, secure, privacy policy, etc, etc)
That might spur some other questions for you as you start to think like a customer. What questions would you want answered?

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
I guess I was thinking that customers can write an e-mail if they have any questions/comments/concerns and I could get back to them within 24 hours... But the business number would be for other businesses to contact me.
It's one of the "rules" of good ecommerce. It helps to give your customer confidence that they can get a hold of you if there is a problem.

Email really isn't that reliable these days with all the overzealus spam filters and some people are just "phone people". It may not get used 95% of the time, but having it on the site can help the person shopping your site decide to make a purchase.

Here's an interesting thread on another forum that talks about increasing converstions on ecommerce sites:
http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum22/4525.htm

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
In ABW they talk about NOT wanting phone numbers on any site that is going to offer an Affiliate program (I removed my number after that discussion because I need the extra sales that my affiliate program generates) what do you think about that (they are afraid that the customer will call in the order and then they will not get thier credit for sending in the customer)
I think handling affiliate concerns is second to handling end customer concerns.

Especially for t-shirt companies just starting out, it is important to impress the customer first and make sure they want to buy at your site (a phone number helps this out).

As far as a phone number being considered an affiliate "leak", that's a whole different discussion :) As you probably read at ABW, if it comes down to it, there are ways of handling a phone number and still track affiliate sales.

I wouldn't take a phone number of a site because of potential affiliate sales though. Those customers that the affiliate sends could also be lost to you as customers if no phone number is on the site. In the end, it's always about the end customer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.