T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a company named Everest is selling heat presses on Ebay Uk they are from Liverpool. Has anybody bought one of their machines

Rob

·
Registered
241 Posts
Considered looking at their dye-sub kit many years ago but after trawling the net for background info. it didn't make for pleasant reading.

Justin

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Up until about three months ago, they were a powerseller on EBay. Their account was then suddenly closed by Ebay for 'unspecified' reasons. They started up another account a few days later with a very similar user id.

I've bought heat tape from them before the change, but I'd have reservations about buying anything more expensive from them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
How much of a budget do you have for your press?

Unfortunately most presses purchased from ebay are a bit of a gamble:( I've purchased 2 budget presses from there over the last couple of years and both have only lasted about 6 months......never again!

Gonna break the bank and go back to novachrome to buy my 4th press

·
Registered
38 Posts
I purchased a heat press from lhmark on ebay a couple of months ago. Delivery was great, next working day. We just started selling t shirts about 2 weeks ago so aren't using the press lots, but so far I haven't any complaints at all about it.

It might be one which only lasts 6 months or so, I couldn't say but would hope I'd be making some money by that time LOL so could afford another one

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Unless a business is already established, buying a cheap press whilst you 'test the waters' can be a sensible option. If after a few months your business takes off, you can always keep your original purchase as a 'back up' machine and invest in a better featured model.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
When I asked on a couple of previous occasions, they were always out of stock.

I tried to purchase an item online, but the 'buy now' link actually brought up a sewing machine, rather than a heat press. They ignored two sales enquiry messages, one by site form and the other direct to their email address, so I didn't bother with them. It made me wonder what their after sales service would be like.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
target transfers, graphityp and subli-nation have some good presses for not too much money.

I bought a cheap press 12 months ago and (touch wood) it's still ok.

Lee

·
Registered
38 Posts
I mentioned on another thread I had purchased a heat press from joys sewing machine. On the day it was to arrive I phoned and they said there was a 2 week delay. Okay, it was cheap, I didn't have much money LOL so decided to wait. After two weeks I phoned, I was to get it on the Tuesday, they were testing them at the moment, Tuesday came, no heatpress, it was to arrive Friday, Friday came, no heatpress it was to be the following week. Can't remember if I waited again or not but in the end told them to cancel it.

They had them for sale on BIN on ebay so I messaged them to enquire if I purchased when would they deliver. Message back said their message system wasn't working and gave me a phone number to phone.

I would say a waste of space. I purchased one from ebay then

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi. As your link points out, their web site account is suspended and has been so for about three months.

They sell on EBay UK, but dissappeared from their too for about two months and resurfaced a few weeks ago.

I have purchased consumables from them in the past, but know nothing about the quality of heat presses they offer, other than they are of Chinese origin.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Most of the sellers on EBay UK offer heat presses that originate from China.

Although I won a Chinese mug press from an auction on there which I am very happy with, I would be cautious about some of the Chinese flatbed presses that are offered for sale on EBay. The CE marking that many boast of, is usually just a self adhesive plate, with a hand scribed serial number. A true CE marking is printed directly onto the casing, or a proper engraved plate permanently riveted to the frame.

They do the job and are a low cost option to a new start up, but are a throwaway item if they go wrong.

·
Registered
3 Posts
has anyone checked the heat presses that JOY Sewing machines company sell?
NEVER EVER use Joy, they are useless as is the company in general !

crap kit, crap people, crap everything

BTW the everest presses were ok, we have one for years with no trouble at all, unlike the 3 different Joys ones we tried

be good

·
Registered
85 Posts
I bought my mug press from Everest a few months ago. Won it on ebay collected it from their unit in liverpool. Two chinese guys , nice lads . I broke the press after a few days and they replaced it no problem even though they knew it was my fault. No worries with them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts