T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
2,651 Posts
Designs should run efficiently and smoothly. Designs should be sized correctly and have the proper amount of stitch coverage without being too dense. Designs should be set-up for the designated fabric type or item caps). Designs should lay flat although other things like improper hooping can cause bunching. Designs should represent the artwork.

Good communication with the digitizer is important. If a design element such as small text in a detailed font needs to be simplified or eliminated the digitizer should discuss this with their customer.

Turnaround time, file type sent, software used, payment accepted, how are edits handled are also factors.

Some digitizers specialize in certain types of designs like wildlife designs. Then designs would be judged on more of an artistic basis.

Digitizers have different styles. A certain type of style may appeal more to some people or be more appropriate.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
There are usually tell tale signs that someone with enough experiance over time can spot before it is even loaded into the machine. You would need some kind of file viewing software (many are available for free). True Sizer, my editor, embroider-modder, pulse ambassador. But depending on your machine and software some may not work right.

You have to look at it in a "non" simulated view and or use the simulated running tool if the program has it and you can usually spot spots in a design that do things that are overly dense or has way more underlay or underlay stitches than are needed (usually used by shady price per stitch companies who hide lots of stitching in underlay to bump the stitchcount)

You can also spot auto-converted files when there are strange angles on shapes that technically fills the outline but doesn't do it logically. IE you get the letter o that has a split in it that doesn't meet flush but actually parallels
 

· Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
personally, I put a lot of weight on whether there is any pathing involved, or if the design is here there and everywhere, then it is abviously done by someone who knows nothing about actual embroidery, they are just working the software, and its likely substandard.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
personally, I put a lot of weight on whether there is any pathing involved, or if the design is here there and everywhere, then it is abviously done by someone who knows nothing about actual embroidery, they are just working the software, and its likely substandard.
I agree with that for 95% of files. the other 5% is where you push from from good to expert digitizing. I have seen some Great digitizers digitize things prioritizing Pathing too much and it actually screws up on some materials puckering and registration wise. Its all about what questions they ask up front.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top