T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Was just wondering if anyone had made and is using the Etsy homemade press?? I am really strapped for cash and could put this together for about €250 (I think??)

Any advise would be gratefully received.

P Sheridan:rolleyes:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Dennis,

It looks good. I am at about the same stage. Press is made (for last three months!!) but now need to order ink, emulsion and frames. Think I am going to make exposure unit as well - saw plans for one on this site but would need to look for it again.

Cheers.

P

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Tight registration was always my problem but otherwise it works well. I use only one color with this press and have a brand press when doing multiple colors.

Katrina

·
Registered
25 Posts
Im about to try a second colour. ive just been testing exposure times with the exposure unit that i had built. im happy to say that i have printed my first shirt! need to work on exposing and washing.. i messed it up abit... but i will get back to you when I had tried my second or third or maybe even forth colour.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Hi Katrina,

Is this press only used for one colour? Is there anybody who uses it for 3-4 colours?
The plan says four colors but if you are printing four colors it is very hard to get all of the colors to line up correctly which is what I meant when i spoke about the registration. I had ok success with two colors (not the quality I would sell though.) but trying to register all four colors was something I was not able to accomplish.

I use a homemade 1 color screen printing press everyday and it works great. i have never had success when printing more than one color on a homemade unit.

Maybe someone that has printed more than one color can chime in and post a pic.

Katrina

·
Registered
1 Posts
are they selling the press? or just plans for the press? either case im in the process of building my own 6 color press for around $60. i'll be sure to post pictures of it when im done. i also have pdf and word documents on how to build your own press, mine is completely custom dimensions, but they came in handy for considering minor details and options...if anyone is interested in these plans, email me and i'll be glad to send you these files.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi ..i think is great what you are doing....and i would love to build one myself...is there any chance that you can send me the plans..?....i am an airbrush artist and i've been experimenting on painting tshirts with the same basics of screen printing...but instead of squeege i' ll do it with my airbrush....so far i loved the results....thanks ..!!

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Hey Dennis, have you gotten around to doing a four color shirt? If so how was the registration with the homemade press? I built one but my registration is hit or miss.

Also wanted to let you no that I saw your video on youtube for the homemade screen stretcher. I was about to purchase one for $350.00 when I stumbled upon your video. I made some adjustments to it as I bolted mine to a table and made it adjustable instead of placing heavy objects on the the strips of wood but in the end it worked great. I took the newly stretched screen to a friend of mine that also has a screen shop and let him put his tension meter on it and it was well within range. He asked me what tool I used to get the correct tension and I told him BOB!:)

Thanks for the plans and if you were able to get good registration post a pic for all to see.

Thanks again,

Katrina

·
Registered
1 Posts
are they selling the press? or just plans for the press? either case im in the process of building my own 6 color press for around $60. i'll be sure to post pictures of it when im done. i also have pdf and word documents on how to build your own press, mine is completely custom dimensions, but they came in handy for considering minor details and options...if anyone is interested in these plans, email me and i'll be glad to send you these files.
can you please email the plans to [email protected]
thanks in advance =)

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
If you want to do multiple color/screens on a homemade press, try out Home Page and watch all the videos. The guy is opinionated and talks more than necessary but its free information and his system looks like it works good and is cheep. Good luck.
Terry

·
Registered
25 Posts
hey, sorry i have been pretty busy lately with starting up this thing.. well so far no luck with more than one colour... i cant get it on right... im planning to just buy a press to print multiple colours and use this as a one colour printer... youre welcome for the screen stretcher... im glad it helped.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts