T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,145 Posts
Is it possible to find a manufacturer of garments who actually adheres to all the ethical good practice procedures which are laid down by international bodies trying to improve the lives of the virtual slaves within the garment industry?
Yes it depends on the country you are ordering from the "sweat shops & child labor" issue is often related to Bangladesh & India, if you may source it from Pakistan & China "road neighbors" both countries have clean record hence number of top notch brands with strict GMP criteria source there work in PK>Cotton jobs & CN Polyester & mixed Jobs.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it depends on the country you are ordering from the "sweat shops & child labor" issue is often related to Bangladesh & India, if you may source it from Pakistan & China "road neighbors" both countries have clean record hence number of top notch brands with strict GMP criteria source there work in PK>Cotton jobs & CN Polyester & mixed Jobs.
Thanks for this - I actually want to know who (if any) of the large multinationals (Gildan, FotL, Hanes, AWDis etc) whose garments we have to buy to decorate have and adhere to ethical sourcing policies. I have just been reading a few horror stories, prompted by having to embroider on to very poor quality tracksuit tops produced in Cambodia for a very prestigious sportswear company.

· Registered
1,145 Posts
Thanks for this - I actually want to know who (if any) of the large multinationals (Gildan, FotL, Hanes, AWDis etc) whose garments we have to buy to decorate have and adhere to ethical sourcing policies. I have just been reading a few horror stories, prompted by having to embroider on to very poor quality tracksuit tops produced in Cambodia for a very prestigious sportswear company "JUST DO NOT DO IT".
You are right heard that too, the prestigious company is right now no more ethically prestigious, there brand managers seek KBs & dirt cheap rate at any ethical & moral cost that lead them to do whatever it takes to spare some sweat bucks.
"i personally had kicked them out couple of years ago"

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.