T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an et 2720 before this that printed flawlessly with no icc profiles, same ink. Printers Jack ink. Now I have an et15000 that prints beautiful quality but way off grays. The grays print blue or purple depending on what icc profile I use. I’ve tried them all and just get varying shades of blues or purples.
Anyone have any clue what to do? I’ve even downloaded printers jack icc profiles and ink owl profiles for et 15000 and no luck there either.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Interesting. Does PJ market that same ink as being compatible with both of those printers? I would expect it to be, but don't know for sure.

The ET-15000 is going to have its own installation/invocation of an Epson print settings dialog. I would take screen shots of every page, option, and setting of the 2720 version and then setup the ET-15000 the same way. Also make sure your graphics application is setup to print the same way as you did with the 2720 (probably with the printer managing color?).

If the grays are off, everything else no doubt is as well, just not as obvious.

I run my 2720 with the printer managing color, no profile. Think it is using Vivid mode in the Epson dialog. But that is using OEM Epson ink for printing cards.

My WF-7210 is running Cobra sublimation ink, and I get the most color-accurate results using the Cobra profile with PhotoShop managing the color. I would print directly out of CorelDRAW, but colors come out wrong despite using the Cobra profile--too blue/purple, to be precise. Mentioning all of that in case you see a correlation to your own case.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had an et 2720 before this that printed flawlessly with no icc profiles, same ink. Printers Jack ink. Now I have an et15000 that prints beautiful quality but way off grays. The grays print blue or purple depending on what icc profile I use. I’ve tried them all and just get varying shades of blues or purples.
Anyone have any clue what to do? I’ve even downloaded printers jack icc profiles and ink owl profiles for et 15000 and no luck there either.
I'm having the same issues with my ET-2720. Using the same inks from my C88+, no profiles, or any special settings. I've tried everything to get it to print proper grey but I have no luck so far.

If you find out a solution for your ET 15000 please let me know, it my help me out in my situation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any luck? I actually ended up with an alternate profile from the inkowl folks, and it does a pretty good job on my ET-15000. I'd love to tweak the black a little, but certainly WAY better than the profile they have available for download.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts