T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!
I am trying to use registration marks to cut out darker colored cardstock. I am able to cut on white paper but my Graphtec CE-6000 is having issues after reading the first registration mark.
I talked to an independent company that sells Graphtec brand cutters and they think my media is too dark....How can a Silohuette or a Cricut recognize registration marks on colored and patterned paper (according to forums I've found researching this problem), but not a Graphtec which is easily 3x the price??
I have also been in contact with someone at Graphtec and they are still under the impression that my media is too small or too close to the rollers (it's not) and I haven't heard back from them since I showed them a picture of everything laid out correctly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

· Registered
4,711 Posts
nice improvisation webtrekker

i've done some black marker when my printer was not getting the lines 'black' enough,
but that would not work here

the knk i have has a laser that you can manually set, but i am not sure about the graphtec

· Registered
1,690 Posts
nice improvisation webtrekker

i've done some black marker when my printer was not getting the lines 'black' enough,
but that would not work here

the knk i have has a laser that you can manually set, but i am not sure about the graphtec
That's the problem with cutters like the Cameo, etc. Reading the reg marks is very dependent on the colour and glossiness of the material, and the lighting condtions.

With a laser dot system you have none of these problems. It's the main reason I replaced my Cameo with a Silver Bullet.

· Registered
1,690 Posts
If I am cutting an 11x17 , my output is 9.5 x 15.5 so there is enough room for the reg marks to be read.
But the OP was talking about the reg marks not being picked up on darker colours, not about where they are placed. Some machines find it very difficult, if not impossible, to locate the reg marks on darker or reflective materials. I've even been known to shine a desk lamp onto my Cameo in order for it to be able to read the marks and many times it misread the marks and cut anyway, resulting in a sheet of scrap.

· Registered
415 Posts
... I've even been known to shine a desk lamp ....
I have always knows Contour cutting is to be done with black reg marks on a white background.

The lamp idea is great. You could cut little whtie squares with a hollowed out area same a reg marks. You could align that to your printed reg marks and it would work just fine. Use 120lb card stock, Cut a square with a reg mark in it same size and all.

Attachments

· Registered
1,690 Posts
I had a roll of white paper stickers. I just stuck them over the paper or card where the reg marks would appear then ran the paper or card through the printer. My Cameo could then easily read the reg marks for a print & cut. Dead simple and quick.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.