T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My T-jet 2 was workong until the printhead got clogged.
I ordered a new one and some other spare parts (carriage, capping station...)
Since I replaced those parts, the T-jet is no more working.
At the power on, the carriage moves to the left side and back 2 times. When it runs to the left at the 3rd time, it stops there and the ERROR EJECT lights as well as INKS lights flash fast. No waay to access the the printer from the computer reporting a FATAL ERROR.
I have 2 sets of carriage, encoder, ribbon cable. Whatever the one I use, the problem remains.

I need help

· Registered
5,872 Posts
Check your ribbon cable connections to the carriage assembly and print head. Sounds like something is not connected securely. Also check that you inserted the encoder strip through the slot on the back of the carriage assembly. If it is not going through the slot the printer can't read the encoder strip.

Harry
Equipment Zone

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
I checked the ribon cable and the encoder. everything looks fine.
I have to mention that after changing some parts the T-jet had the same behavior. Then I changed the capping station and it worked once so I had a chance to print a test.
The next day, while nothing was changed it started returning this error again. And any part replacement could not fix it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.