T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the old, Error eject and ink lights flashing continuously. I've done everything from the manual. Found out the encoder strip was very dirty, so i cleaned that. Spotless now!

Still doesn't work.

there's nothing in the way of anything! its driving me insane.

PLEASE IDEAS!

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Do you ink chips need to be reset? That is what happens when I need to replace or reset them on my HM1.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Chances are then that it's still an encoder strip problem, either still not clean enough or scratched. Try installing a new encoder strip.

Please also note that it never hurts to reset the ink waste counter on these printers as often as you want.

Harry

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
The adjustment program was set up for Windows XP. According to my service techs the adjustment program will run in Vista so long as you set the Compatiblity setting to "Windows XP SP2" in the properties for the Adjustment Program executable. Right click on the "ASP_xxx.exe" file, highlight "Properties" and left-click. Go to the "Compatibility" tab, and set the compatibility settings to Windows XP SP2.

Encoder strips should be available from DTG. We also stock them if you need. I strongly recommend having a new spare encoder strip on your shelf for just such situations. They are relatively inexpensive so it's cheap insurance. If you ever have a doubt whether you have cleaned your encoder strip well enough or if it's scratched just change out to a new encoder strip. If the problem goes away you know what caused it. Can save you a fortune in time troubleshooting.

Harry

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The adjustment program was set up for Windows XP. According to my service techs the adjustment program will run in Vista so long as you set the Compatiblity setting to "Windows XP SP2" in the properties for the Adjustment Program executable. Right click on the "ASP_xxx.exe" file, highlight "Properties" and left-click. Go to the "Compatibility" tab, and set the compatibility settings to Windows XP SP2.

Encoder strips should be available from DTG. We also stock them if you need. I strongly recommend having a new spare encoder strip on your shelf for just such situations. They are relatively inexpensive so it's cheap insurance. If you ever have a doubt whether you have cleaned your encoder strip well enough or if it's scratched just change out to a new encoder strip. If the problem goes away you know what caused it. Can save you a fortune in time troubleshooting.

Harry
ok i'll change the settings and see how it goes. i looked on your site, i can't seem to find the encoder strips could you give me a link please?

thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its coming up with this error
"communication error occurred.
please confirm the power for printing and i/f cable.

I don't have an i/f cable. wont the usb i have suffice?

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
You could try this. Unplug the usb cable to the printer. Delete the Epson driver from the Printers and Faxes dialog in your Windows program. Replug the usb cable from your computer back into the printer. The Epson driver should reload and you should be good.

Harry

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Make sure that you have nothing in your print queue (delete the printed, printing and pending files from the Windows print queues), turn the printer off and reboot the computer and then turn back on. If you still have the same problem it could be a bad encoder strip or the reader on the back of the carriage. Try blowing out the encoder strip reader on the back of the carriage with compressed air.

You can also make sure that your "rails" for the print carriage are well oiled, if they dry out the drag can cause and error eject as well.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Make sure that you have nothing in your print queue (delete the printed, printing and pending files from the Windows print queues), turn the printer off and reboot the computer and then turn back on. If you still have the same problem it could be a bad encoder strip or the reader on the back of the carriage. Try blowing out the encoder strip reader on the back of the carriage with compressed air.

You can also make sure that your "rails" for the print carriage are well oiled, if they dry out the drag can cause and error eject as well.

Hope this helps!
i'll defiantly try some of these thanks! especially blowing the encoder strip reader, thats a good idea.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts