T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Print count: 2471

Recently My gt-381 keeps displaying the a number of errors all based around the Cr speed. I've properly cleaned the metal tube that the carriage runs along a number of times. The errors display every 1 or 2 t-shirts that i do and i have to do the cleaning and 'cr speed adjustment' again.

Just to confirm i have cleaned the whole machine a number of times, including the strip and the bar it runs along. The error still occurs.
My vendor & brother have been of no help.

What am i doing wrong?

Glad to finally be apart of this forum

·
Registered
609 Posts

Recently My gt-381 keeps displaying the a number of errors all based around the Cr speed. I've properly cleaned the metal tube that the carriage runs along a number of times. The errors display every 1 or 2 t-shirts that i do and i have to do the cleaning and 'cr speed adjustment' again.

Just to confirm i have cleaned the whole machine a number of times, including the strip and the bar it runs along. The error still occurs.

What am i doing wrong?

Do you have a humidifier under the printer,the strip could be getting damp.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think I may have had this same issue a while back on my 361. It was due to the small front aluminum arms where you put the small Velcro pads. If you are doing a part exchange you should have changed those but for some reason it creates friction on the moving print head and causes the error mid print. I ruined many shirts, did unnecessary CR adjustments, and wasted valuable time before I figured this out. What I did is bend ever so slightly those aluminum arms (you have two) upward away from the sliding rail. They shouldn't touch the rail in a sitting position. The only time the will touch the rail is when the print head is in motion due to the back and forth force. So having them off the rail while at rest is where you want them to be. This solved my error problems which I believe were coded the same as yours. It was over seven months ago so I don't remember them to well but I'm glad I don't see them anymore. Hope this advice is an easy fix for you as having it stop all the time is quite frustrating.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I haven't had that problem yet, but I was talking to tech regarding something else.

I asked what 61xx error code was and he said it's the metal tube and carriage. He said to make sure to clean that with a denatured alcohol and apply the provided grease. Something is slowing down the print head from moving side to side if you're getting that error.

If you already tried cleaning everything, then I would try what dbgamer recommended.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We are having exactly the same problem with 381, tried all the advises in this thread but without any success.

The problem appeared about a month ago but disappeared without any special actions from our side.
Now we get 6114 error on every (sometimes every 2nd) print.

As of now we can't get any help in resolving the problem from our local Brother dealer.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I actually got the same error code for the first time today... It was right after I cleaned the bar with denatured alcohol.

I put a little bit of the white cream on the bar and ran white agitation and the problem went away.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I actually got the same error code for the first time today... It was right after I cleaned the bar with denatured alcohol.

I put a little bit of the white cream on the bar and ran white agitation and the problem went away.
??? White cream on the bar???

What is white cream?

Because 'I now have the problem' so cleaned the encoder strip and put the brother grease on the carriage bar and still have the problem.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The cream they are referring to is
DOW CORNING® MOLYKOTE® EM-30L Full Synthetic Polyalphaolefin (PAO) Base Lubricating Grease. If you look in your parts manual it will call out this grease. You can get this stuff cheap on eBay. When you clean the bar it removes all lubrication which creates more friction and drag.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sorry, I meant the grease. I didn't know what it was called.

Like Decal Garage mentioned, I got the error right after I cleaned the bar with denatured alcohol. It made it clean, but maybe it did cause more friction.

I put some on the bar and ran the white agitation so that the grease goes on all over the bar. And I the problem went away.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks NZACO!!

That did the trick for me :)
Turns out I had not been paying enough attention to the other slide bar closest to you, where the other end of the Nozzle carriage sits.

I had a build up of muck that was stopping it sliding freely. Gave it a quick clean with Eye glass cleaning swabs (The only alchohol swabs I can find in Australia, in any local chemist :). Had to use a bit of elbow grease. Then I added some white grease along the track and bent the arms slightly like you suggested. Now I'm back!!!

Thanks again, Great Forum.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,

I have been experiencing the relentless 6114 as well. I have tried the following:

Clean and re-grease the carriage bar
Clean and re-grease the barrels
Clean the encoder strip
Clean the front bar that the wheels run on
Clean and re-grease all the gears
Clean all the teeth on the belt

I've also run about a million CR Speed Adjustments to no avail. Has anyone else found any weird tricks to solve this issue? Could it be a problem with the motor? We've had this problem with our printer on and off for over a year, it seems to go away on its own for awhile, but always comes back. No other techs or support have been able to come up with a solution so far, but in case I could be missing something, I thought I would ask!

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Have you tried taking the little felt things and things holding them off?

The ones that clean in front of the wheels I mean. It's easy for them to create drag while moving and cause an error.

Also, you might try replacing the encoder strip if you're this deep in it already.

·
Registered
18 Posts

What am i doing wrong?

Hi there! So, what happened with your machine? Im from Argentina and Im willing to buy one! Could you tell me about your experience? Any clogs problems? Would you recommend the machine? Would you say anything bad about it?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello DBGAMER :

I don't understand your answer under :

"
I think I may have had this same issue a while back on my 361. It was due to the small front aluminum arms where you put the small Velcro pads. If you are doing a part exchange you should have changed those but for some reason it creates friction on the moving print head and causes the error mid print. I ruined many shirts, did unnecessary CR adjustments, and wasted valuable time before I figured this out. What I did is bend ever so slightly those aluminum arms (you have two) upward away from the sliding rail. They shouldn't touch the rail in a sitting position. The only time the will touch the rail is when the print head is in motion due to the back and forth force. So having them off the rail while at rest is where you want them to be. This solved my error problems which I believe were coded the same as yours. It was over seven months ago so I don't remember them to well but I'm glad I don't see them anymore. Hope this advice is an easy fix for you as having it stop all the time is quite frustrating.

"
can you explain me again please

Cedju

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi everyone,
I've read through this chain and I've done the necessary cleaning and maintenance that has been suggested. I am still receiving the 6114 after I print for a while. I begin to hear friction and I'm wondering if it has to do with what I noticed in the attached photo. Is this normal on other GT-3 printers, or is this an issue? I don't have another GT-3 for reference. My printer was purchased new in July 2019 and currently has 11,200 prints.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1634/2489/files/IMG_5831.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
I started to get error:6114. For a few weeks I've been getting a squeak during prints. I cleaned the bar with denatured alcohol and put a light coat of the white grease that I got from brother. It was still squeaking. One morning I come in and it won't finish a 'White Aggitation" it would keep giving me the error code. Found this thread and tried the ideas on here. Cleaned around the encoder strip, cleaned the pivot bracket that holds ink tubes, lightly coated belt to carrier with grease, greased the gears and bearings and was still getting squeak. I checked felts under bracket and those were dirty so I put new ones on and cleaned the flat guide piece it glides against. Still had a squeak. What I found theres small little brackets under the rollers between the felts with two little Allen heads holding each one in. There was a bunch of dust and debris build up under there. I pulled the little brackets off (be careful, there's a little black circular plastic piece on top of brackets that you can't see that I almost lost after removing first Allen) and cleaned them up real good and cleaned the bottom of flat bar. Fixed my problem. Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts