T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got a 3 years old TexJet plus, after some testing I got Error 1601 (call service Center)
and on Load Distplay Printer Init Error 0020
do anyone know how to solve this problem

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi Manfred,

If the message at the top panel is 'load paper correctly' then you just need to open the printer in diagnostic mode (press and hold the Up button and Power On) and after that just change the PPR SZE CHCK setting to OFF (from the printer settings menu at the top panel). After that, restart in normal mode and you should be fine.
If the message was 'load paper' then, a simple printer restart will do it.

K.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi Manfred,

If the message at the top panel is 'load paper correctly' then you just need to open the printer in diagnostic mode (press and hold the Up button and Power On) and after that just change the PPR SZE CHCK setting to OFF (from the printer settings menu at the top panel). After that, restart in normal mode and you should be fine.
If the message was 'load paper' then, a simple printer restart will do it.

K.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I´m having the same problem, but can not enter the diagnostic mode. What could be causing this?, no platen inside the printer.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi,

What do you mean "you cannot enter diagnostic mode"? Are you following the steps described above? If the printer is one the very first models produced, then there is a chance that the diagnostic mode is triggered manually. What is the printer's serial number (pm me if you prefer).

K.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same issue. In my case, texjet plus doesn't recognize de maintenance ink tank and display the same Error 1601 and Init error 0020. I have tried with new ink tanks whit the same result.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi.

As previously stated, go into diagnostic mode (press and hold the Up button and Power On) and check the message on the top display. If it still says 'replace the maintenance tank' and you claim that you have already tried a new tank, then probably either the chip sensor or its harness cable are damaged and need replacement. But, there is a chance that you won't see a tank related message and instead see a cartridge message. In this case, you have to replace the respective cartridge (or just reset it).

K.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi.

As previously stated, go into diagnostic mode (press and hold the Up button and Power On) and check the message on the top display. If it still says 'replace the maintenance tank' and you claim that you have already tried a new tank, then probably either the chip sensor or its harness cable are damaged and need replacement. But, there is a chance that you won't see a tank related message and instead see a cartridge message. In this case, you have to replace the respective cartridge (or just reset it).

K.
Thanks for the reply. In the diagnostic mode
the message is replace the maintenance tank. In Spain who are now the service center? M2M?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hi again, there are 4 dealers in Spain in total (depending on the region): Madrid, Valencia, Barcelona, Seville. M2M is for Madrid. I can pm you the rest of them.

K.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, we are in fact running into the same issue. We already were aware of the maintanance tank error (the inporter for Polyprint in the Netherlands) basically fixed it with a piece of carton pressing both the container and the contact module where the two make contact closer together. But that always worked until now. As a matter of fact, all of a sudden we are getting the 1601 and 0020 error combination. Extra anoying as our importer who services the machine is on a 3 week summer break. So any, really any help would be highly appriciated!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hello Ausputzer,

please specify the Texjet Series printer you have.

If its TexJet plus we have to start in diagnostic mode (firmware 11.1 or latest is required). To start in diagnostic mode hold UP button pressed at lower panel while opening the printer. Reply here at the message you get on the upper panel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Polyprint,

Thanks for the quick reply. I managed to find a fix myself yesterday. I first did the diagnostic thing with the UP and Power button. At first I was using the up arrow on the right side of the power button on the top panel, but found out I had to press the UP (pink) button on the bottom panel with the table and the power button on the top panel with buttons. After I found out how to do it, I went into diagnostic mode and there were no more error codes. So I switched the machine off again, turned it on again and everything was working fine. After that I replaced the piece of carton that was pressing the maintenance tray and the sensor unit together more tight with a different piece of plastic, and that also seems to work better now.

But I definitely think this issue could of been resolved in a better way, as I read that many people have that issue, the mechanic from the importer in the Netherlands even pointed out to me that it was a well known issue with these machines. I mean this can be fixed easily, maybe print a little 3D piece to add to the tray to make it slightly thicker in the back so it fits tighter?

Anyways, until now (we have the machine running for 6-7 weeks now) we are quite happy with the machine, but we do think that colors could be brighter. We use TexJet Rip version 7. And especially on darker and colored shirts that are pre-treated, the colors of the prints are just not as vivid as we thought they could be. Based on what we saw in videos and presentations of this machine. So maybe we are doing something very wrong?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hello Ausputzer ,

please reply with the brand of shirt you are using and if you pretreat manually or with a machine.

We suggest to try and pretreat the shirt more than usual, and use the high resolution mode with 90WD at Texjet RIP.

In order to give better and more accurate feedback we will need:

Nozzle test image, Picture when only the white layer was printed and one with the final result.

send them at [email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello i am new here and i use a translator I bought a Polyprint Textjet Plus and it printed really well. Now I had to empty the ink tank, which I did, but from now on I get the error message Error 0020 and 1601 Help what can I do. I already reset the tank 20 times. but it still doesn't work. I also started with the F1 key, but what should I change in the menu? I would be very grateful for help. am in despair.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hello Kai,

we also replied to the ticker you created in our support form but for future reference and for someone else that might face the same issue we post the reply here:

""
The issue you are having is most likely due to the maintenance tank.

We will enter first in diagnostic mode to confirm that the error is that the maintenance tank.

Please follow the guide below to check to reset it and let us know if it works:

1. Start up the printer in diagnostic mode (keep holding the UP button on the lower panel + power ON the printer). After booting up (approximately after 1min) on the lower display the message "diagnostic mode" should appear.
    1. If diagnostic mode appears on the lower display go to step 2.
    2. If any other message appears on the lower display then write it here ___ and email it back to me.
  2. Remove the maintenance cartridge
  3. Press the eject button and wait for 20 seconds
  4. Reset the maintenance cartridge with the reseter tool and wait for the green light. If this doesn't work try again. If you cannot get green light the reseter tool might be faulty.
  5. Put the maintenance cartridge empty back to the machine
    1. If ready appears on the upper display go to step 6
    2. If any other message appears then write it here: ___ and email it back to me.
  6. Press the eject button and wait for 20 seconds
    1. If READY appears power OFF and boot in normal mode. The maintenance cartridge is reset and should work fine now.
    2. If non-genuine message appears go to step 7.
    3. If replace maintenance cartridge appears then write it here: ___ and email it back to me.
    4. If any other message appears then write it here: ___ and email it back to me.
  7. Bypass the message by pressing the DOWN (↓)and the LEFT(←) button on the upper display
  8. If READY appears on the display, press the eject button and wait to see for a new message.
    1. If READY appears power OFF and boot in normal mode. The printer should work fine now. If not write it here: ___ and email it back to me.
    2. If non-genuine message appears go to step 9.
    3. If any other message appears then write it here: ___ and email it back to me.
  9. Bypass the message by pressing the DOWN (↓)and the LEFT(←) button on the upper display and wait for 20 seconds
  10. Press the eject button and wait for another 20 seconds
    1. If READY appears power OFF and boot in normal mode. The printer should work fine now.
    2. If non-genuine message appears then write it here: ___ and email it back to me.
    3. If replace maintenance cartridge appears then write it here: ___ and email it back to me.
    4. If any other message appears then write it here: ___ and email it back to me.

""

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Kai,

we also replied to the ticker you created in our support form but for future reference and for someone else that might face the same issue we post the reply here:

""
The issue you are having is most likely due to the maintenance tank.

We will enter first in diagnostic mode to confirm that the error is that the maintenance tank.

Please follow the guide below to check to reset it and let us know if it works:

1. Start up the printer in diagnostic mode (keep holding the UP button on the lower panel + power ON the printer). After booting up (approximately after 1min) on the lower display the message "diagnostic mode" should appear.
    1. If diagnostic mode appears on the lower display go to step 2.
    2. If any other message appears on the lower display then write it here ___ and email it back to me.
  2. Remove the maintenance cartridge
  3. Press the eject button and wait for 20 seconds
  4. Reset the maintenance cartridge with the reseter tool and wait for the green light. If this doesn't work try again. If you cannot get green light the reseter tool might be faulty.
  5. Put the maintenance cartridge empty back to the machine
    1. If ready appears on the upper display go to step 6
    2. If any other message appears then write it here: ___ and email it back to me.
  6. Press the eject button and wait for 20 seconds
    1. If READY appears power OFF and boot in normal mode. The maintenance cartridge is reset and should work fine now.
    2. If non-genuine message appears go to step 7.
  7. Bypass the message by pressing the DOWN (↓)and the LEFT(←) button on the upper display
  8. If READY appears on the display, press the eject button and wait to see for a new message.
    1. If READY appears power OFF and boot in normal mode. The printer should work fine now. If not write it here: ___ and email it back to me.
    2. If non-genuine message appears go to step 9.
    3. If any other message appears then write it here: ___ and email it back to me.
  9. Bypass the message by pressing the DOWN (↓)and the LEFT(←) button on the upper display and wait for 20 seconds
  10. Press the eject button and wait for another 20 seconds
    1. If READY appears power OFF and boot in normal mode. The printer should work fine now.
    2. If non-genuine message appears then write it here: ___ and email it back to me.

""
HI!! I cannot open the printer in diagnostic mode. How can I fix this problem?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts