T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this p600 last fall from Spectra Dtg. Worked it like crazy for two months when I thought I had better do a flush. Don't know how I manage to do it but I must have got some moisture on the cables and that fried the print head. Ordered a new print head from an authorized dealer and installed. Now it was the motherboard's turn to be fried. Three boards later (two provided by Spectra) I find out that my p600 is a newer one and the "older" print head & motherboards are not compatible. On the suggestion of Spectra I shopped for a new epson p600 "donor" machine to replace the motherboard and print head. Found and installed I then receive error 0x73 which I found is a common problem that Spectra again repaired with a small board and cable. Once installed, I still received the same message. Could not get in touch with anyone at Spectrum but fund this too is common and that a firmware download would be necessary. Received the instructions and it worked.....until I underwent the ink charge. Well into the charging the machine flashed the fatal error 0x42. I had done some reading and there are threads in this forum stating this issue has been experienced by others as well. Only I cannot find any satisfactory remedy. Please reply if you have successfully recovered from these errors and how it was accomplished. Thank you
Draw1fly

· Registered
3 Posts
did you get this working yet? If not you need to update to the latest firmware AT26FB for the head to work. Once you do that u'll get the 0x73 error. This is for the pw sensor next to the head on the housing. open it up with a small screw driver and see if u even have the sensor. If your like me you wont since spectra removes it for some reason. At this point you either need to get a sensor and the cable and then take apart ur printer and hook it up to the board behind the head. The other thing you can do is purchase the CA86 board from opendtg which will take care of the 0x73 error. And side note do u still have the the spectra boards they sent u or did u send them back? Send me a private message if you have em.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.