T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I'm just after a bit of help as I've run out of ideas...I have been having problems with printing good white ink layers on my Kiosk...mainly due to only having 1 and a half white nozzles working. This morning I cleaned out all three bottles and then filled them with a 50% Simple green solution, pulled that through the lines and dampers and left it sitting for an hour. I periodically did an ink fill, just to keep things moving. After a good flush with water and refilling the lines etc with white ink I tried a nozzle check and only had 2 nozzles printing, now I only seem to have 1 printing. When I ran the simple green, water and then the ink through the lines it moved at a rate of knots so I thought any debris that might have been lurking about must've been shifted. Seems not... so is my problem with the print head? And if it is, is there anything else I can try, short of replacing the print head? I'm really at a loss :confused:

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Have you changed the dampers? I have found many times when things slow with my white ink, it is the dampers more so then the printhead. Try changing them out first before replacing the printhead, as its much cheaper :) Also try putting some cleaning solution in your capping station and let it soak for a good hour. After that then try a nozzle check again and see if you can clear out the nozzles. Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah rats! I'm going to try what you've suggested Bobbie-Lee...anything not to have to replace the printhead :( Especially as I don't have a spare and when you live at the ends of the earth, getting a replacement is always a mission and a half. Fingers crossed. Will let you know how I get on. Cheers.

·
Registered
37 Posts
ive already successfully soaked a print head in solution....i removed the print head and used the plastic container from a box of pop rivets...setting the print head so that the cleaner only covered the print head...once it soaked awhile, i then flipped the print head so that the nozzles soaked....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I'll try that. I did run simple green 50% through the white nozzles last night and left it sitting (as well as in the capping station) until the morning.It did improve things slightly. What did you soak your printhead in? Did you just leave it for a couple of hours?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts