T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to the section of the Stahls' CAD-CUT Direct help forums where you can ask questions about any equipment or accessories being used in conjunction with the materials that we manufacture.

So if you have a question about your printer/cutter, vinyl cutter or Hotronix heat press jump on in and ask us.

We'll also be using this area to post workflows, videos and other ideas about using various pieces of equipment with our materials.

· Registered
404 Posts
Okay - here's my question. In the videos for the hat presses in last year's cap press contest, what is the material you used to build up the platen for the high profile structured cap? We purchased the Hotronix STX press at the ISS show in Orlando (from your brother) and our stock of caps are all high profile and don't fit properly on any of the 4 platens we have. Thank you.
PJ

· Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay - here's my question. In the videos for the hat presses in last year's cap press contest, what is the material you used to build up the platen for the high profile structured cap? We purchased the Hotronix STX press at the ISS show in Orlando (from your brother) and our stock of caps are all high profile and don't fit properly on any of the 4 platens we have. Thank you.
PJ
Thanks for breaking the ice:) The product you are looking for is called a print perfect pad - you can find them near the bottom of the page at this link: Heat Press Accessories | Stahls' ID

· Registered
21 Posts
Welcome to the section of the Stahls' CAD-CUT Direct help forums where you can ask questions about any equipment or accessories being used in conjunction with the materials that we manufacture.

So if you have a question about your printer/cutter, vinyl cutter or Hotronix heat press jump on in and ask us.

We'll also be using this area to post workflows, videos and other ideas about using various pieces of equipment with our materials.
Hi Josh,
I am having a real problem with what equipment I need to make my images on t shirts. My images are whimsical outlines. I just purchased a vinyl cutter but now I'm thinking that isn't the solution to my problem....how will a vinyl cutter cut outlines? The inside of the image is hollow/empty so how will this work? In other words, we really just wanted to print a cartoon like image which is really just outlined with text below it onto a shirt! Please help, we've been at this since January and still can't figure out how to do it.....I know people regard you very highly in the field so that's why I'm coming to you. The vinyl cutter hasn't arrived yet but I'm really beginning to think this isn't the answer to our problem. HELP PLEASE!!!!! If you like, I will send you via your email one of our images so you can get a better idea of what I'm talking about. Thanks in advance Josh. Chris

· Registered
7 Posts
I have a GX Expert 24LX and I use corel as well.

I am trying to print a design from corel using opague paper and use my cutter to cut around the design. I have several questions.

1. Is there a way for me to cut the design directly from Corel without using a cutting software? I am assuming I would have to import a .plt file.

2. If I print the design from corel, do the registration marks need to be on the paper and how does the cutter then read that file?

3. I am using Great cut but for some reason, when I import the design that i used in corel, it doesn't cut around the design. I don't think its reading the marks? Do I need to recreate the marks?

4. In using Cadworx live, is there a way that I can set the pressure for the cutter.

I can't find an exact video where I have used corel in printing a design and what I need to do with my exact cutter.

I know its a lot of questions but I am having some issues.

· Registered
1 Posts
I'm hoping you can help us because we're almost stumped on this one.

We have a Graphtec FC8000-160 and we are trying to cut your CAD CUT Solutions Opaque material. We must not have the right settings or something because our issue is that the blade doesn't seem to be cutting through the material corectly. If anything, it looks more like a perforated cut instead of a solid clean cut and it is difficult to pretty much impossible to weed. We've also had curling issues on the few times we have been able to tear/weed away the excess.

We have tried letting the material dry after being printed, slowing the cut speed down and increasing pressure.

We really like this material so any help you can offer would be great! I watched the videos on the Imprintables website of the material being printed and cut with the Roland and it weeded perfectly for them so I'm convinced we can do it too! Please help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.