T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i wanted to know whether there exist any good equipment to store and transfer the pastes to the screen during printing or not. Coz it's very untidy to handle the pastes in the containers and using scoops for transferring to the screen during printing.
Please also attach a pic of the equipment if you have any :)

· Registered
2,942 Posts
If by pastes you mean ink, there's not much better than to use a putty knife. It's a messy business. Even offset print shops use putty knives to place or remove ink from their presses. It's cheap and it works.

· Registered
23 Posts
I washed out the big toner containers left over from refilling one of the big old cannon clc's I use for transfer printing, they look like they are perfect for ink, big neck and a neat guillotine type stopper mech, but if the ink was any thicker then ketchup, it wouldn't come out. My inks seem to run better after a good stir (is that fixotropic?) so perhaps this would work after a good shake! Be hard to fill them in the first place though, I might stick with th putty knives.

· Registered
2,942 Posts
I buy steel putty knives from Home Depot, and round off the corners and round over the edge of the blade with a belt sander so I don't poke holes in my mesh. I wish the handles were a little longer, but they're pretty cheap, clean up nicely, and last forever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.