Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so now i have the following:

- Sprint Digital Heat Press 38 x 38
- 100+ sheets of Evolution 2 transfer paper
- 36 sheets of release paper
- 73 t-shirts different sizes, colours
- teflon sheet
- grip flex pad

So great, but i am trying out the paper and not getting too good results, it seems to be breaking up, almost as though its shrinking and leaving areas with nothing, this is happening on both the printed and unprinted surface, so i am putting it down to the paper, heres what im doing:

1. Printing the image onto the paper
  2. Leaving to dry for 15 minutes
  3. Placing a release sheet over the printed surface and pressing for 5 seconds
  4. Waiting until cool
  5. Then removing the backing paper
  6. Placing the transfer on a tshirt, printed side up, with a release sheet over
  7. done....

But at step 3 the paper is failing and becoming flakey, is it the paper?
-

·
Registered
665 Posts
sorry i know nothing about this paper :( but i am sure there will be someone here that can help,btw just a tip stretch your t-shirts before you put the t/p on as it will help with the stretchability of printed area :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i have printed quite a few t-shirts now, and some other items, the dark paper is working better now it seems that the bubbling in the cure process was caused by locking down the press, since i have been holding it just above the paper its been better.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi. I am unfamiliar with the brand of paper being used, but I am unsure why you are doing step three?

Most transfers for darks involve printing up, allowing to dry, removing the backing paper, positioning on the garment, covering with a protective sheet, then pressing. There shouldn't be any logical reason to have step three in there?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm this paper is probably years old, in fact on the instructions it has a date of 2004, i imagine they have made it much better by now, i will order some new stuff

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I'd be inclined to try one on an old tee, without doing step three and see what happens. When you press, the ink fuses into the transfer paper and the adhesive bonds with the garment. It may just be this extra step that is causing the paper to flake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts