T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: Three problems - (1) How difficult is it to change a 1280 EPSON printer with photo ink over to sublimation ink? ~ (2) ink type suggestions?~ (3) regarding the 1280, no matter what we do (image size or canvas size) the print coming out of the printer is the wrong size. We use either corel x3 or the latest photoshop for art. Poor Richard thks!:tipthank:

· Registered
814 Posts
when you say photo ink, you mean the regular print ink right??

I have read that it is easy to switch them over to dye sub, but switching back and forth can be a pain and you will loose a lot of ink cleaning the heads of the printer.. So once you switch, you should stay there.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
a bid habit, in a former life (for 43 year) I was a postmaster and had a printing business, thus the handle was given to me as poor richard (alis Ben Franklin). Still at 70 years of age and still working - the name has stuck. Sorry for the little bit of totally useless info - Dick Bell

· Registered
1,546 Posts
As John says, the two printer route is a much better option.

Unless all the regular inkjet ink is completely flushed out between changes, your items will not sublimate properly and you will ruin expensive blanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.