T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading all I can about transfers, printers, papers, etc to make a wise purchase. yesterday I went to the Alpha supply web site and before I knew it I made an impulse buy. The Epson 1400 with transmagic ink CIS system. It hasn't arrived yet and already I'm wondering what other users of this system think about their purchase.
I contract out my screen print T shirt orders but want the ability to do small orders in house so I hope this works out. Thanks for any comments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Jack,
we have two of the 1400's. One with the trans magic inks and one with airtainium for sublimation. Never had a problem with the trans magic. No clogged heads and the colors are great. Using it with JPSS and Alpha Gold papers mostly. Our customers love that they can get micro runs done with customization for a great price. And it's a lot easier than weeding vinyl or prepping screens. Print, cut, press...cha-ching.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jack,
we have two of the 1400's. One with the trans magic inks and one with airtainium for sublimation. Never had a problem with the trans magic. No clogged heads and the colors are great. Using it with JPSS and Alpha Gold papers mostly. Our customers love that they can get micro runs done with customization for a great price. And it's a lot easier than weeding vinyl or prepping screens. Print, cut, press...cha-ching.
Thanks for the reply sounds like the purchase will work out great for us. We also do sublimation with an Epson 4800, never had a problem with the exception of sometimes getting colors right. We get plenty of requests for small runs on colored T's which the 4800 can't do.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I too made that impulse buy and do not regret it....All of my customers have been very satisfied....I have printed over 200 shirts in the past month and a half and the system has worked perfectly....I am saving up now to get a spare and get a sublimation system....Alpha was a great help in getting things set up....Good Luck and Happy Shirting!!!

I've been reading all I can about transfers, printers, papers, etc to make a wise purchase. yesterday I went to the Alpha supply web site and before I knew it I made an impulse buy. The Epson 1400 with transmagic ink CIS system. It hasn't arrived yet and already I'm wondering what other users of this system think about their purchase.
I contract out my screen print T shirt orders but want the ability to do small orders in house so I hope this works out. Thanks for any comments

·
Registered
583 Posts
Used Alpha's transmagic bulk ink cis when I bought my 1400 last summer. With their direction, the ciss was easy to set up and the print colors were great. When the inks ran out, switched to the heat transfer pigment ink bulk cis from inkjetcarts which do not bleed and are longer lasting.

Good luck with your new cis.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I too have the magic flow cis and seem to have touble getting my image to transfer to the shirts. I called thinking maybe I baught the wrong ink but they said it was sublimation. The colors are perfect on the sublimation paper, but when I go to press them I only get a yellow shadow type image on the shirt. I am using 50/50 shirt which they also said was acceptable. Can anyone help me with this problem?
thank you ahead of time

1 - 7 of 7 Posts