T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of converting the Epson XP 15000 to a DTG printer. Like some feedback on this if it feasible to do. It seams to be a nice compact 6 channel printer, much smaller that my R3000, and it prints 13" wide. If any one of you converted one I like to hear back from you..Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am thinking of converting the Epson XP 15000 to a DTG printer. Like some feedback on this if it feasible to do. It seams to be a nice compact 6 channel printer, much smaller that my R3000, and it prints 13" wide. If any one of you converted one I like to hear back from you..Thanks
It's a brand new model. You'd be better off doing the 1430.

New printers aren't worth doing for DTG until there are refillable cartridges and waste ink resets available.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Its a very very very interesting printer! Im sure many will be working on converting it as a dtg behind the scenes! The cool part about it is it has 180 nozzles per channel print head and six channels! Im not sure exactly how fast the head can be driven but im guessing it can be pushed hard! all these things said it could be the next diamond for epson repurposed dtg printers (which is dead and dying considering machines like the brother gtx and major manufacturer price drops and service, I do understand there will be a small niche diy/repurpose market but nothing like the past, currently! this could revitalize it. especially if it can be driven fast like the 5113? head!

Considering this is a 350 dollar (u.s) printer everyone will be on fire to get it done... let me say that again 180 nozzle per channel head 6 channel! compared to the 1430 -90 nozzle per head old style! the current p600/r3000 were 180 per channel (8) dx7 similar to the dx5... soooo again it would be the "IT" printer for dtg if those line up... most likely a little more difficult conversion due to the pf also driving the capping station, but the path looks good on these and its 6 inches tall!!! fun fun :) :) :p.... popcorn...watching.... first one to get this done will have a big jump over the current line-up with p-600 machines, which will basically be antiquated to "Model T" DTG machines if this head can be pushed like the 5113... Even with a standard speed head it would be a nice dtg conversion dollar for dollar.

to give you an idea of how fast these newer heads can be pushed// this is (2) 5113 cmyk 4 channel heads these are out of cheap printers also... the good part is no need to create separate print head controller with 6 channels cmyk ww for dtg!! There is no road map for these conversions due to different type printer, im curious to see who will get it done first :) Will take some talent and im sure that talent will profit/payoff :) I can see everyone one talking to their contacts and rip guys as we speak :)

https://youtu.be/nuSVGXxgDJk

https://youtu.be/jPNVhfWLIKE

https://youtu.be/jI4sUcYSQnQ

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may add that at this point Rip software might not be available to support this printer, also was thinking that it might be compatible with the Epson 1430 which is very appealing to me as well since it's already out there...

·
Registered
39 Posts
email your rip of choice provider, im sure they will work to accommodate supporting the new printer... best of luck.. the 1430/1400/1390 is an antique based of of the 90 nozzle per channel head (6) Its ok but a slow antique :) Im thinking from a manufacturer prospective---Rip software producers are always looking to the future as well, usually very accommodating for the developer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.