T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I know there r a lot of posts about using vellum paper instead of film positives but I'd like to hear from anyone who has an Epson Workforce 1100 and used vellum.

I'm considering buying the wide format printer because it's a pain in the a$$ only being able to print 8.5x11 images! So let me know if it works out ok. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using TShirtForums

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just read that vellum isn't good for fine detail!? Lame!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How well vellum works for large images and how that printer does. And if anyone uses vellum for all kinds of images.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I will only comment on the actual printer. Well worth the money! I LOVE it.

Films vs. vellum.
If I am not mistaken, the vellum doesn't have the proper "finish" to hold the Claria inks in that printer. Thus, the need for films. They are expensive, I know.

Also, when printing on your films, there is a CORRECT SIDE to print on, which I learned about the hard way. :rolleyes: I don't know if all the manufacturers mark the packaging, this particular one, did not. Because I looked! LOL

Good luck.:D

·
Registered
447 Posts
We use vellums for fine detail and they are fine off a laser printer. You can get a larger laser printer. If we do four color process printing with really fine dots we have them made on clear film outside and charge the customer in the art fee.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts