T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have a sawgrass sg400 with a failing drive belt. I learned from my ink /products supplier that the average life of that printer is maybe 3 to 4 years (though some last longer). I also looked at an Epson WF7210 for sublimation. Granted it does not run the gel ink saw grass has, so I will have to do more nozzle checks, etc to maintain, but the price to replace either printer is about the same.

I wonder how many out there are using the Epson WF7210 for sublimation, what are your thoughts and feed back on it, does it seem to be a well built printer, would you recommend the printer, or is their a better option. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
I learned from my ink /products supplier that the average life of that printer is maybe 3 to 4 years (though some last longer).
Not how it works.
Both the Epson and the sawgrass can easily last 10 years if you only print 5 to 20 pages per week.
That's around 10,000 pages.

but the price to replace either printer is about the same.
Is it?
I bought my Epson for around $170 (guesstimated exchange rate).
The Sawgrass is over $500

I wonder how many out there are using the Epson WF7210 for sublimation, what are your thoughts and feed back on it, does it seem to be a well built printer, would you recommend the printer, or is their a better option.
Works well but it's slow. I had to print 2,000 A3 size prints once and took me 3 weeks.
The newer ecotank options by the way are even slower.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
As noted, the WF7210 is probably no longer available. I bought mine on sale for $150 some years ago. Have used it for both pigment and sublimation (its current use). If I had to replace it today, I would look for an ET-15000.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Thanks for posting!! Good thought, I will look for a 15000 looks like it is eco tank too!
Yeah, I'm sold on the EcoTank idea. I have a smaller one that I use to print cards. It is so nice that I can simply dump ink into it and print without any complaints about chips, carts, or farts. The hangup is going to be finding one. Like so many other things, the supply chain for printers is disrupted, so it may take a while and some patience.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts