T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im new to t shirt printing so i just got my wf7110 printer andafter research found out the original ink is pigment ink. My question is can i start printing on transfer paper with this original ink? Or i have to buy the refillable cartridge?

· Registered
1,521 Posts
Hey guys im new to t shirt printing so i just got my wf7110 printer andafter research found out the original ink is pigment ink. My question is can i start printing on transfer paper with this original ink? Or i have to buy the refillable cartridge?
you can on transfer papers for ink jet printers.

· Registered
859 Posts
Yes you can...but their are other refillable inks that work better then Epson OEM inks for heat transfers. Your colors may shift when heated. (We haven't used oem ink over 15 years, so I can only tell you what others say about it). Also yes your correct that printer has oem pigment ink.

The best way to print them is:
Bulk ink in refillable cartridges (or CIS if you print constantly)
ICC profile made for your ink type and printer model (paper type would be even better)
For light colors use JPSS..For dark colors try all of them and wash test them yourself so you can pick the one that your ok with the quality.

Reactions: Niogunawan

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes you can...but their are other refillable inks that work better then Epson OEM inks for heat transfers. Your colors may shift when heated. (We haven't used oem ink over 15 years, so I can only tell you what others say about it). Also yes your correct that printer has oem pigment ink.

The best way to print them is:
Bulk ink in refillable cartridges (or CIS if you print constantly)
ICC profile made for your ink type and printer model (paper type would be even better)
For light colors use JPSS..For dark colors try all of them and wash test them yourself so you can pick the one that your ok with the quality.
What does ICC profile means?

· Registered
4,705 Posts
an icc will marry ink, printer and media colors

so when you want a blue, you will get a blue

example:
buy an epson heat transfer ink from supplier
download icc for jpss papers, download another icc for 3g opaque papers
all the work is done for you to marry the three components (and changes depending on media you choose, jpss or 3g)
even though your monitor shows pink, but you have chosen blue, it will print true blue

you could even have a physical pantone color guide and use that for your colors and the icc will print those colors
(i think, someone may correct me here)

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
an icc will marry ink, printer and media colors

so when you want a blue, you will get a blue

example:
buy an epson heat transfer ink from supplier
download icc for jpss papers, download another icc for 3g opaque papers
all the work is done for you to marry the three components (and changes depending on media you choose, jpss or 3g)
even though your monitor shows pink, but you have chosen blue, it will print true blue

you could even have a physical pantone color guide and use that for your colors and the icc willprint those colors
(i think, someone may correct me here)
So icc is like a computer program? Sorry for the newbie question here hehehe

· Registered
4,705 Posts
more of a color profile for a particular ink on a particular printing medium

not really a program, just another choice in your printing settings/options

it is far more critical when printing photographs on paper

if you search here for a post by mgparrish you can find an image that represents a full gamut of colors
you simply print this on your transfer paper with different settings and find out what works for your ink/graphics program/medium

no icc needed
i'll see if i can find that post for you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.