T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
776 Posts
man let me tell you what.....

i've been using my 1100 since may with a ciss.

i love it.

never have any problems with it.

13x19 film, i fold over the front instead of standing straight up in the feeder. no problems..

until last week.

i have a combination of two problems..

first, business was slow this winter, i was sick and didnt go out looking for business, so i went about 3-4 weeks between print jobs.

in that time, i failed to do any test prints to keep the head from drying out.

also in that time, at some point, somehow, my ciss tanks got tipped over. not a major issue, the ink spill was minor, and cleaned up quickly.

however, unbeknownst to me at the time, the filters got filled with ink. and it dried up on the filter paper and in the little filter cap. essentially, closing the filter.

so, last week i go to print. nothing. everything was printing in very light cyan only. no black. no yellow. no magenta.

couple head cleanings. nothing. just a random line of cyan. not even all the cyan lines. just a spattering.

i have cleaned the head. i have cleaned the ciss. nothing.

so, after reading a few different websites with instructions on cleaning everything, including removing the head. here is what i did..

first i did head cleanings. nothing.

then i took my ciss, and completely emptied it and cleaned it all out. the tanks, the cartridges, the lines. the whole 9. put all the ink in jars, and completely purged it all. and reassembled the ciss. and refilled. then pulled the ink into the carts.

nothing. still no printing.

then i used a syring to shoot some hot windex into the print jets. and let it sit overnight.

nothing.

then i found instructions for removing the print head.

removed the head. cleaned it. soaked it overnight.

i can easily use a syringe and shoot water through the input ports, and out through the print head. all jets appear to be free of clogs.

the ni used a syringe and filled each input port with its appropriate ink color, until the ink came through the print head.

perfect. no clogs in the head. no air in the head.

reassembled everything.

i had magenta, yellow, and black for half a page. then it went away.

now i get one black working. and sporadic cyan. every now and then i get a a line or two of yellow or magenta.

at this point, i THINK it's my ciss and or air. not a clogged printhead.. based on what i have been reading online.

i have jobs to print this week.

my new 1100 arrived via fedex an hour ago.

i ordered a set of refillable carts, instead of a ciss. when they arrive i plan to put the refillables in the new printer. and put the new OEM carts in the old printer and see if it will print.

i know its not broken. i just havent gotten it to print yet.

when it does, then i'll just have one 1100 for films and one for heat transfers.

so.... yours could have banding from clogs, from a dirty print head, or from air in the lines. or whatever else i havent figured out yet.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.