T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using an Epson WF1100 for about a year. I have an external CIS, generic inks, and all that works fine. My probs are with the actual printer and I'm wondering if these are "normal" with the Epson or if after a year of use, I just need to buy a new one.

1) I have to load each sheet of paper individually - sometimes it spins out several times before catching.
2) There's lines on SOME of the prints, but not all - I've aligned, cleaned print heads, etc.
3) Do you clean the print heads manually? I just use the software button to do it when they don't work for me.

Thanks so much!

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow - everyone has great suggestions and some have worse probs than mine! :/ I know that mine at one point said that the ink pads were full and I needed Epson service - it wouldn't print at all. I found {could look for it again if anyone needs it} a reset code for $10 online. It worked great after that.

The ink is only a few months old so I don't believe it's that. I don't use a profile. I learned the colors on PS and how they'll print. The lines appear after I don't print for a few days, but normally will disappear after several prints. This time they haven't :( I've aligned for both text and photo.

I think I need to manually clean the printer - like the dust, etc. That's a good possibility! I may also try to lay the paper over and see if it'll allow me to put more than one in the tray at a time. I print on 8.5"x14" beaver paper.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.