T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Looking at buying the Epson WF 7015 A3/A4 inkjet printer, this is a basic printer but with wifi. I dont see anyone here using this printer but it seems to be a replacement for the B1100 (wf 1100 in the US).
It is a different style of printer from the 1100 does anyone have experience of using the WF7015??
I am replacing an Epson r1800 which had been lying around so long the inks dried out everywhere and even though cleaned many times, still not perfect and I still get load paper errors so I need something modern and reliable for our first venture.

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
First printer? Was wondering if maybe you had an 1100 before and see how it compares. I'm trying to decide whether to get the Epson 1100 since it's been tried and tested or get the new 7010.

·
Registered
6,428 Posts
i just recently got an epson 7010 and havent used it a whole lot but im loving it so far.. really fast.. got mine from cobraink.com.. great service
Brian,

Can you confirm if that printer will do automatic timed head cleans ... I mean the kind that you have no control over? This usually happens about once a week.

My WF1100 is the first Epson that I have had that didn't do automatic head cleans if the printer is left in the "on" mode. It will do a head clean only if you tell it to, or if you change carts. It was a nice improvement since head cleans if you don't need them waste ink.

Hoping the latest generation printers also eliminate the forced head cleans.

thx

·
Registered
124 Posts
The 7010 is the new and improved 1100. I plan on picking one up as soon as they are in stock. They are not in stock anywhere. You can still get a 1100 refurb from epson for just over 100 bucks. But I think the faster print speed, extra features, and smaller size is worth it for me to take the 7010 over the 1100.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The 7010 is the new and improved 1100. I plan on picking one up as soon as they are in stock. They are not in stock anywhere. You can still get a 1100 refurb from epson for just over 100 bucks. But I think the faster print speed, extra features, and smaller size is worth it for me to take the 7010 over the 1100.
I'm really confused which printer to buy 1100 or the 7010 !! and shall i use the original DURABrite Ultra pigment ink? because whre I live dont sell the Epson printers anymore, so I'll import one!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes i have heard its a good printer too but have searched far and wide for confirmation that the 7015 takes heat transfer paper but no one seems to say for sure if it does or not, most posts about it say "im testing paper" etc. Im now wondering if some people on here are reps for Epson who are avoiding the question because when i contacted Epson directly they too couldn't confirm 100% if the printer takes heat transfer paper or not.
Can any one who owns and works with a 7015 tell me or sure either way if it does or doesnt take transfer paper please?
thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
The WF 7015 works with sub/heat transfer ink. I use the ciss kit from Cityink Express with pretty good results the only problem I have is choosing the right paper settings for heat transfer paper. The directions that came with the paper said to select "plain paper" but the printer won't recognise a slightly heavier paper. When I change the paper type to say a heavier photo paper the results are different and it doesn't print reg marks in the right place. This could however be something I'm doing wrong so if anyone knows of any solutions that would be great!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.