T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Today Im starting my DIY DTG build base on Epson T13.. I hope everything goes well for me.. Pls some help to send me pictures on how I should cut this printer..

below is a brand new printer and the test print before i start cutting..

Hope someone will help me complete this project.. Thanks in advance guys.. Have a good one..

Eugene
Philippines/Singapore

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi there it is great build, can you make some photos of dtg base main axle possition and pe sensor position....
I would like to make one of a4 dtg i will try to convert it to use UV inks.....

thanks in advance

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No worries.. im happy to help.. pm me if you have any problem in your t13 build.. ill see if i can help..

right now my problem is the ink.. even though the epson durabright ink is said to be water and fade resistance, in my few shirt tests i could see that the color has faded already in just one wash..

im washing only by machine and inside out..

Still doing research in the internet which ink to use..

·
Registered
3 Posts
saludos amigo, esta muy bueno tu proyecto escolar, lo que te pido es lo siguiente, necesito los planos de construccion y la instalacion completa para utilizarla en un proyecto escolar en mi pais, en las zonas marginales para que los alumnos la construyan soy profesor de manualidades, es para una buena causa amigo,podrias enviarla a mi correo:natgabysa@Hotmail.com quedaremos muy agradecidos todos por tu gesto

·
Registered
1 Posts
My FIRST POST!!

I just want to congratulate you on your build. I'm planning to do the same with my T10 with refillable cartridges. I hope to have a great success as you did. This past weekend I disassembled my printer and assembled it back and it's working properly so, I think I should be okay.

I will definitely share my project in this forum with lots of photo as soon as I get started.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Problem with the build

Hey men I'm building the same printer as you. I got is all set up but wont start.

When I turn it on, the head starts to move slightly and then the motor kicks in briefly, then everything stops and the two lights start blinking.
I'm thinking its the positioning sensor not reading the wheel or something. My thinking behind it is that the system stops right after the motor kicks in. But I'm not sure at all.

You said you had to replace 3 PE sensors. Are those the ones with the plastic wheel and sensor? How were u able to tell they were broken.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Problem with the build

It happened to me as well.. when I tried to extend the ffc for the PF sensor.. like what u did.. only I use ffc also not individual wires.

I spoil 3 of the sensors bec the lead connecting the ffc was weak and it breaks all the time.. I know bec it does what you are experiencing right now.. spins a little bit then becomes general error.. I solved my problem by just using the original cable carefully extend it to a working level.. I gave up on extending it..

·
Registered
23 Posts

It happened to me as well.. when I tried to extend the ffc for the PF sensor.. like what u did.. only I use ffc also not individual wires.

I spoil 3 of the sensors bec the lead connecting the ffc was weak and it breaks all the time.. I know bec it does what you are experiencing right now.. spins a little bit then becomes general error.. I solved my problem by just using the original cable carefully extend it to a working level.. I gave up on extending it..
wongmoxy Hopefully you get the answer, if you get an error on start up check carefully the sensor, you might miss one wire to be soldered, I do not use the original wire but made like you did and it worked because the original was too short, and I solder the cable directly to the motherboard (not from the front but from the back)

·
Registered
14 Posts

wongmoxy Hopefully you get the answer, if you get an error on start up check carefully the sensor, you might miss one wire to be soldered, I do not use the original wire but made like you did and it worked because the original was too short, and I solder the cable directly to the motherboard (not from the front but from the back)
So does it make a difference if its from the back or the front of the board? I also solder it to the board, but did it from the front. Now I wasn't checking when I unplugged the clip, but only guessed that the 1,2,3,4 on the board coincided with the SP1 SP2 SP3 SP4 on the reader. Let me know how you connected yours. Here is some pics

[media]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j63/wongmoxy/Printer/20120703_223900.jpg[/media]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry for late reply.. Below are the pics..

my advise, be extra careful with the pf sensor.. i spoil 3 of those.. also be patient with the sales person who will laugh at you when u buy a single function printer..

PF sensor

PE sensor

Front

Side
Hello Euau, thank you for display picture, and it would be nice if you give some shot behind/under of table or shaft of paper feed. and how about head cleaner mechanism, it is still working ? thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
good question edpax.. i recently had this problem.. i went on a holiday for 3 days and when i tried printing black and blue inks are not printing.. i did my research in the internet and concluded that printhead might be blocked by hardened ink or what ever.. most of the post ive seen they use the glass cleaner with ammonia mixture.. here in my place we dont have the brand Windex.. so I decide to use a smilar thing.. I used Klaen glass cleaner by Kiwi.. here's exactly how i did it.. its up to you if u want to do the same..

1. I sprayed it into a small bottle. Note the word sprayed not pour. and waited till the bubbles are gone.
2. Ratio Kiwi Klean:Water:70% Isophropyl Alcohol is 8:1:1
3. I used a syringe to inject in the pole of the printhead.. (i hope u know what I meant with the pole)
4. Since this is a experiment, i tried first with my spoilt t13 printer. the flushing looks ok, i can see cleaning solution flushing down from the printhead. its forming some lines
5. Now its time for the dtg. I started with yellow then cyan then magenta then last is black. make sure u flush the syringe in between colors just to make sure u r not carying the previous ink to the next one.

It's still working until now.. it was 4 days ago.. It's up to you if u want to follow this.. do it at your own risk. there are cleaning solution for sale in ebay anyway.. its just expensive since for us who use dtg we need to clean at least once a week..

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.