T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently purchased an Epson SureColor SC-F2100 and am having a couple of issues:
1. White splotching - It seems as though the lint on the shirt is causing this even though I am lint rolling them prior to applying pre-treatment solution.
2. White border/shadow when printing colour onto black - I'm using Garment Creator and exporting PNG files from CorelDraw, the original files are vectors.
Any help would be appreciated as I'm sure I have a lot to learn, please see photos below. Cheers

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Pre-treatmnet issue. Are you using a pre-treatment machine?

Looks like shrinkage of the t-shirt on the platen also. Don't stretch them too tight when loading or the material will move a tad while in the middle of printing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pre-treatmnet issue. Are you using a pre-treatment machine?

Looks like shrinkage of the t-shirt on the platen also. Don't stretch them too tight when loading or the material will move a tad while in the middle of printing.
Thanks for the reply
I just purchased the Epson with training last week. I don't use a machine to pre-treat, I use a spray gun. The people who trained me advised I wet the shirt so that the inside is slightly damp. After spraying I use a paint brush to make sure it is even. It seems to work alright with white on black, but not so good with colour on black. Appreciate the advice if you have any more. Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts