T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had any success printing on Tri-blend garments with the new Epson or is it even possible?
Have read posts about special pre-treats and wondered if the Epson inks would work/bind with these.
Tend to find that a lot of the more stylish styles of shirts are never 100% cotton and would be interested to hear about genuine results with other blends of textiles.

Cheers

Limey

·
Premium Member
4,204 Posts
Greetings

It can print on Epson over zip? May be printing on caps?
When printing over zippers, you would want to heat press the garment first to flatten it, then use uni-direction mode. It takes longer to print, but when you have an expensive hoodie, it's worth taking the time.

As for hats, so far, there is no hat platen available.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
Has anybody had any success printing on Tri-blend garments with the new Epson or is it even possible?
Have read posts about special pre-treats and wondered if the Epson inks would work/bind with these.
Tend to find that a lot of the more stylish styles of shirts are never 100% cotton and would be interested to hear about genuine results with other blends of textiles.

Cheers

Limey

Please keep in mind that the "polyester" pretreatments now available are for white and light color garments. They are not recommended for white ink on dark goods.
_

·
Premium Member
4,204 Posts
Harry, we've used the standard dark garment pretreat with DuPont inks and had incredible success with tri-blends. I don't see the Epson being any different, but again, testing would be needed to confirm this.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Can I ask for an explanation.
Why is one color must stabilize below the heat press and second only to the dryer?

When I started to think about printing on shirts I felt it would be a simple matter. After reading debate, I do not know for which machine you decide.
Do not know which machine is best to start.

Another problem is Pretreatment shirts. Company Kornit it is probably the simplest.
Treatment over the surface to be printed. Pretreatment is probably important item included in print. It effectively spray the whole t-shirts as in the case of boxes or machine that works as a printer for the pre-treatment solution? Whereas moves with the shirt as it ensures that the regulated area will be identical with the printed area?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Can I ask for an explanation.
Why is one color must stabilize below the heat press and second only to the dryer?

When I started to think about printing on shirts I felt it would be a simple matter. After reading debate, I do not know for which machine you decide.
Do not know which machine is best to start.

Another problem is Pretreatment shirts. Company Kornit it is probably the simplest.
Treatment over the surface to be printed. Pretreatment is probably important item included in print. It effectively spray the whole t-shirts as in the case of boxes or machine that works as a printer for the pre-treatment solution? Whereas moves with the shirt as it ensures that the regulated area will be identical with the printed area?
Maybe you could elaborate what are you trying to print and what is your business model. DTG is not the only printing method in the world and is not suitible for every business model or design.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Shirt was mid gray
front design black font only - Holding color
rear was muliti colored logo , was not a good supplied logo and i should have tweaked the colors.
printed a little aged looking but i like that look, does the end customer though :)
washing will tell.
Will be doing more as my mate runs a soccer academy over here so he will be keeping me busy.
Will post pictures as I progress.

Sean

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Did you use any white ink on this? Pretreat?
I have had very good luck printing on white polyester with IA for light white.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No pretreat and no white underbase
Will be playing with white and IA next
Post some pictures if you get time
Being able to print on garments like Dry Fit will really give you a whole new market

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.