T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, after 4 months of planning on the project I have successfully built my perfectly homemade printer. The first try I failed and I lost $70 because the printer became useless, after that I remade the plans and bought another printer which cost me $101 + $200 of woods, screws, slider, accessories and many other stuff that I used on the project.

Below is the video of my printer.
=>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Aj9GGaWeis&list=UUTXFUn4Tljw6EvpyAXvqJ7g&index=1

And here's a picture of the shirt:

I am writing the plans on photoshop with illustrated images in case I break the printer and I will post here when done so make sure to subscribe.

Thank you and any question feel free to ask me. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
great build and clear print! just wondering about the right rail, it looks like its not attached but it flows with the platen.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Would you let us know when you get your 1400 working? Would love to see some pictures of that.. I am currently working on my r1800 I starting to build the frame work for it using the 80/20 aluminum stuff, once I get that done I will mount the printer on it and see how it goes....

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Np, I will make a video and take few pictures, just having some Unknown problem with start up, for some reason it starts up and after a while the print head makes a terrible noise and the belt start shaking badly.

Trying to figure it out :/

·
Registered
858 Posts
sounds like maybe the driving rod has too much weight on it or the drive rod might be stuck, can't turn... I am not there yet with my build so can't give you much help....good luck,,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Johnson,

how was the print on the c88 and why did you decide to trash it? I've been doing research the last few weeks and I'm actually planning to print on wood, not garment

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi, when I decided to build the dtg on C88 it was a disaster.
The first machine broke because the print head clogged and when I tried to clean it I ended up burning the chips inside....
The 2nd machine died with almost the same issue.

The print quality was acceptable. It kinda looked a little light for t-shirts.
But it was worth it, I can build dtg's much easier now.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts