T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, new to this forum (and sublimation) and seeing lots of useful info so I thought I’d ask a question.

I picked up an Epson ET-15000 last week and am currently stuck at the “what ink do I go with” part of getting set up. Seems every third party brand has their faithful followers so it’s hard for unbiased opinions.

So....I started researching Epson product because - well, it’s an Epson printer. And I know it’s not a sublimation printer per se but in my studies I did find out an interesting point. The ET-15000 and the SC F170/F570 are all powered by the PrecisionCore chip, but the similarities didn’t stop there. In digging around I was able to find that the printhead configurations for the 15000 and the SC F170 use the same Nozzle Configuration of 784 nozzles distributesd as 400 nozzles for Black with 128 nozzles each for Cyan, magenta, and Yellow. And both share the same minimum droplet size. All in all, aside from paper handling and color profiles it sounds like they could be the same printers. Plus, if you break it down to cost per milliliter, Epson T49M can be had for less than most 3rd party inks.

I’m ready to pull the trigger on a set of Epson ink, but would love to see if anyone has some photos of t-shirts done with it. I’ve found some nice tumbler pics, but I’d love to make sure the T49M has the same wow factor as some aftermarket inks. Also wondering if anyone has loaded an F170 color profile for use with a 15000 (of if perhaps the Epson sub Inks work with the 15000’s profiles?).

Thanks for any input...and for any pics if ya got ‘em!

· Administrator
18,869 Posts
Pretty much any ecotank can be set up as a dye sublimation printer. Using the 15000 as one with Epson's excellent priced dye sub ink is almost a no brainer. EXCEPT, unlike almost all dye sub ink suppliers out there, you won't be able to get a color profile from Epson as they don't support that printer for dye sub use. There are workarounds of course; you can create your own profile which I think requires some skills but is doable.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m wondering how well an F170 (or UK F100) profile would work given the similarities between the printhead specs. Problem is I haven’t seen one for them either, and you can’t install the printer software without “that” printer being connected.

· Administrator
18,869 Posts
I’m wondering how well an F170 (or UK F100) profile would work given the similarities between the printhead specs. Problem is I haven’t seen one for them either, and you can’t install the printer software without “that” printer being connected.
Who know, you may not need a profile at all. Won't know for sure until you try.

· Registered
18 Posts
I have the F170 profile and using it with the ET15000 printer. I originally purchased the F170 then happened to walk into a store and found the ET15000. For some reason the profile works well with windows and not so much with Mac. I wound up selling the F170 and am only using the ET15000 now with the Epson ink. Knock on wood no problems and works very well.

· Registered
4,654 Posts
I have the F170 profile and using it with the ET15000 printer. I originally purchased the F170 then happened to walk into a store and found the ET15000. For some reason the profile works well with windows and not so much with Mac. I wound up selling the F170 and am only using the ET15000 now with the Epson ink. Knock on wood no problems and works very well.
What is the F170 profile called in the selection drop down? I guess you have to install the F170 setup/driver software to get that on your system.

Can download the driver here:

Thanks. If I ever replace my WF with an ET-15000, I'll remember this.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What is the F170 profile called in the selection drop down? I guess you have to install the F170 setup/driver software to get that on your system.

Can download the driver here:

Thanks. If I ever replace my WF with an ET-15000, I'll remember this.
I’ll look into this, but someone in a FB group did say they couldn’t install the driver without having the actual F170 attached to his system.

It’s got me wondering though, looking at some otc the prices per ml of some of these third party inks that claim no profiles are needed for Epson printer use - could they simply be repackaging T49M?

If anyone has genuine F170 profiles they’d be willing to share that’d be awesome :)

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You wouldn’t happen to have a few example photos, wound you?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.