T-Shirt Forums banner

Epson Stylus pro 4800 sublimation help

5K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  PedalJustPedal 
#1 ·
Hello everyone
I'm here because I need help with my sublimation printer.
I've been looking for all related posts by 2014 and I did not find or did not understand.

As the title says, I have the Epson Stylus PRO 4800 with sublimation ink.

1. In Croatia i buy J-Teck sublimation ink and i don`t have ICC profile.
Dealer said they don`t have it. Can anyone help me about that?

2. I use CMYK ink on left and right side in this oreder: LEFT(kcmy) RIGHT (kcmy)

The problem is that I can`t get good colors.

I do not know if the problem is only in the profiles or do I need some software that will split my left and right side.

BTW. I am working in Corel Draw x8 only.

Thanks in advance!!!! :)
Ivan

P.S. Sorry for bad English

See less See more
Discussion starter · #4 ·
Hi, I have a epson stylus pro 4000, and know exactly what you are talking about, I do have profiles for the printer, had to make.em myself with a spectrophotometer, they are for the SAI photoprint software, I think that they have a montly subscription, if you want to take that route I will send you the profile I made for Jteck inks, they are made for textile aplications not really for hard substrates. Another option for you is to buy a xrite device.that can profile printers and make a profile yourself. That way you will save a lot of money in the long run.

What is your main application? Textile, ceramics? Plaques?? Wholesale??

Becausr if your going to do a lot of printi g your better of buying a rip software and have someone make you a profile, believe me it is worth the investment, unless its a hobby, that is another thing.

Good Luck, Ill help you if I can.

-Cesar

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Thanks to your replay.

My main application is on Textile polyester. For ceramics and other i use Ricoh 3110 with sublisplash colors.

I would be very grateful if you can send me your profiles for J-teck colors.

I have send mail to J-teck and ask them for profiles but no response.

I will send u private message with my e-mail.

P.S. Just to check. You have the same color scheme LEFT(kcmy) RIGHT (kcmy)? or you use Light Cyan, Light black ect.

Discussion starter · #8 ·
Hello,

I have been using a custom made profile for Jayteck (J-next subly) and an Epson 4880 which I think is very similar to what you have. My Jay-teck distributor made it for me with his spectrometer. I would be happy to send you a copy.

Send me a private message here on T-shirt forums if you want to give it a try.
You have a message. Thx :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.