T-Shirt Forums banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
No woman/man is perfect. Same as DTG printers.
They all have pros and cons. But we all have our partner.
If there are printer under 10K$ and ink price is $100 and warranty is good forever and maintenance easy and maintenance cost is near Zero. Gives good quality print out.
I will buy that all day long. Aren't you?
Where is this woman? LOL
Study her before get marry. Safe sex please :)
No matter what Epson/she has it's own nice Space where I want to stay over.
Cheers! Inks are on me always.
lol you need a printerwoman hybrid, half woman half printer. They're easy to find lol

·
Registered
319 Posts
I cannot wait to start using mine should be here from aa on Monday! Already drumming up business and this is gonna change a lot for our little shop

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
I cannot wait to start using mine should be here from aa on Monday! Already drumming up business and this is gonna change a lot for our little shop
Just don't get into the trap of taking orders before you know how to pretreat and print properly. That can usually break you if you don't already know how. There is a bit of a learning curve. I am not trying to be negative, just saying from experience. I did the mistake of taking orders when I didn't know how to do anything AND didn't help that my machine was wired wrongly so didn't even turn on, and manufacturer out of biz week after. I'm sure that you're covered with AA though as far as training. Oh wait, we're you talking about the Epson or Peters printerwoman hybrid?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hybrid lol I wish . I know it's gonna be something that will take time , wouldn't be where I'm at now without all great info on this forum! I chose the viper one so I'm sure it will be an interesting endeavor figuring that out....

·
Registered
319 Posts
Yep been there read that ha. I've been trying to find info to see if it's possible to pretreat shirts before hand. Is there a shelf life with that?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Yep been there read that ha. I've been trying to find info to see if it's possible to pretreat shirts before hand. Is there a shelf life with that?
Not sure if you can do that with Epsons pretreat but you can just test it out. With duponts you can. I used to pretreat a couple hundred shirts for trade shows before hand. Would box them up and ship them to the trade show. Then we would just pull the shirt out of the boxes and a quick 5 second heat press and then print. We used pretreated shirts that were 2 months old that had no issues. Again just test it.

A buddy/customer of mine just got a F2000 and has a store at a mall. He has no place to pretreat so he may just keep an inventory of pretreated shirts till he gets an automatic.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
We pretreat ahead of time for trade shows with epson pretreat without issue.

Reactions: haischool

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
On Epson's ink, I tried both DuPont and Epson. Epson's worked better for Epson ink.
I visited a customer near me and we couldn't get good results, don't know if there was something wrong with it though. I'm really not sure, was good quality shirt. I have seen good prints though before so I'm stumped

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I have been running some test between IA , IA ultra and epson. Conclusions are not final but at this time I would have to say IA Ultra or Epson .They are very close. Ultra was made for brother or Aeoon . Tends to set the white ink very fast. One of the more important things is to use enough pretreat , about 22 grams or more of either. Using IA standard i would lean toward 24 grams. The curing paper is important. Epson works better with a Teflon sheet vs kraft paper. Also play with the pressure. U need to be sure your press temp is correct. I suggest a full contact probe. I find IR guns inconsistent. If you are using the same settings you used for Dupont pretreat u will find them insufficient.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts