T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok.there are many sensation about new dtg.but there are many negatives.
1--if you first look its price 20k.but many shops about 95% will needs to print mixed clothes.so if you love epson then you need 2 machines.final cost 2x20k=40k.because epsons 2 models are only one line.dont upgrade or not interchangable.so they forced to sell 2 machines toghter.only looks like cheapper....
2--then if you buy 2 machines.it means that you need 2 full set of ink and double maintance and much more....also F2000 has less maintance but one of machines dont run sevral days -there also will be more problems..etc
3--at this point brother looks better choice.only ink so expensive...i am not expert and nostradamus...:)...what do u think about it......i think that it look like more many years left for "smallers" than they think

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Not sure why you would need 2 printers? One is a CMYK+W and the other is dual CMYK. You either want to use it with white or not. If you have the CMYK+W setup, you can still use it to print without white ink.

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
Epson SureColor has 2 models.
1. CYMK plus White: this model can print Dark shirts and Light shirts.
2. Light shirts print only. Made for only light shirts.
Both unit cannot be changed to either way. No reverse once set up done.
Same price.
I think :)
Cheers! Beers are on me always.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jerid.
so why epson sell 2 models as same price?.if second model can print cmyk +w then no need first smyk only model as same price.there can be only one model can print white and smyk togather.it really not player as 20k league.it is 40k player as Mpower10.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
They sell 2 models because you can set it up either way, with or without white ink. The first model has Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black and White, whereas the second model has 2 channels of each color but no white. So you can print shirts with no white ink using both printers, but obviously only print shirts with white ink on one of the models. It depends on what you want, but you do not have to buy 2 printers.

The price is $20K for either machine, it's the same machine, but you choose how to set it up. Once it's set, you cannot change it, so you order it the way you want it.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
As for why they would do this is, you should be able to get twice the shirts (or close to it) per hour using a dual CMYK system because you now have twice as many nozzles to fire from. Of course with this you can't use white ink, so it's the price to buy for double output. We can set our printer up either way as well and some are set up without white ink. Some of our customers only bought 1 printer set up with or without white ink.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
of caurse u r right.but above AA decided to put another smyk only model then everyone can unterstand that there are problem on neoflex OR Peter earned many $$ before :).BUT Peter sells only one model.for speed any dtg can print as fast as 2 times smyk only mode.no need another machine.AND ALL DTG MFR-ARE NOW TO MOVING ONLY ONE MODEL.WHO SELLS SMYK ONLY MODEL BISIDE EPSON?.MAYBE THERE IS INK PROBLEM =PRINT QUALITY.

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
Erka all of your posts seem to indicate that you are employed by one of Epsons competitors. Do you in fact work for Brother or some other mfg? Why do you only have negative things to post and say? Why is the new Epson machine your target? If you don't like it, don't buy it. Quit posting this rhetoric trash.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
The price is $20K for either machine, it's the same machine, but you choose how to set it up. Once it's set, you cannot change it, so you order it the way you want it.
I might have wrong information here. After thinking it over, it makes sense that it would be 2 separate machines. The printer with white ink would have a circulation system, whereas the dual cmyk printer wouldn't have need of it and it would have to be plumbed differently than the one with the white. So you would have to order whichever one to fit your needs.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Having done this for nearly 9 years now I will make an educated observation - charging the same price for a dual CMYK machine as you do for a CMYK4W machine means one of two things:
A - you are overcharging for the dual CMYK machine
B - you are undercharging for the CMYK4W machine
90% of the support and training on DTG machines focuses on the dark garment printing aspect of the machines. Epson is either positioning themselves to make really good money on the Dual CMYK machines or in for a rather harsh awakening when they recognize the level of support, service & training associated with printing dark garments.
JMHO

·
Registered
3 Posts
Simple. The CMYK will print white shirts twice as fast as the CMYK-W. A 10x8 image will print in 27sec vs 54sec on the CMYK-W. There would be no reason to buy the CMYK only version unless you are using multiple printers and need the speed for your light shirts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: EPSON or other dtg real price not 20k

Hi everybody I have to give my opinion about DTG printers in general. First I have Brother GT-541 with over 55000 prints still using same heads. It is strong and reliable printer but it cant print on dark garments. When I say dark I mean anything that is not white. Yes it is possible to print on yellow, light pink or light blue but with colors that are more dark then base color. So that mean limitation and in this business mean you loosing costumers. Because of that I start looking for alternative to print on dark color shirts without limitation. That is point where I realize that is hard to make money with digital printers because of ink and cost of printers and there maintenance. All DTG printers have high demands on maintenance including Brother and Kornit that are rated best in this industry. Brother printer is cheaper then Kornit but Kornit have 4 times chipper prints than Brother. What I want to say is one or other way you will have to spend lots of money on printer and than you will need lots of money for ink than come pretreatment for dark and on top of that is not that simple as it looks. After all prints are impressive only before you wash them several times after that they start fading same as your hope that you will make some money. Actually now you are in fight to recover your money at least so you are ready to work for nothing. I don't want to be negative there is people and companies that make money this way but average Jo will have to learn hard way. I have been looking in to cheaper options at machines with Epson heads and I found lots of issues with performance and often clogged lines and nuzzles. That mean more work on maintenance more parts les productivity big frustrations. Now I see Epson finally decided to make printer for this purpose that have competitive price, or just looks like that. They don't talk about pretreatment , cost of inks , maintenance and finally nobody talks about real cost of prints. What I really care if I can make money and be competitive to screen printing. So I am looking at DTG to be affordable to have prints that are comparable to screen prints that will not start fading after several washes and to be in that price range. I don't se that any of this DTG printers can do that and thy price is astronomical. I don't say that DTG is bad in all aspects but there is long way before that technology will produce results that will be appealing to average Jo and in same time to be good for person that is behind all investments and work to produce this results. Thanks for understanding my comment and I apologies to everybody if I said something that is offending this is just my experience ( and may bi some more people that will agree with me).

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
There is a new light at the end of the tunnel with new chemistry and New printers. The new Epson ink cost are high, just like brother, but maintenance promises to be low with reduced in waste. A lot better than u make it sound. But only time will tell, as for you comments on Kornit, let's just say IMHO I would have to say just the opposite. I rank them at the bottom of my list. 2014 the year of DTG come back!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using T-Shirt Forums

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes you are right time will tell who will bring printer that can compete and make money. For now we have to deal with what we have. I am personally on way to make something that will give me option to print on dark with my printer. If I make positive results I will post that for sure. Until then keep searching for better options and price of 20 000 for any DTG printer is ridiculous you can buy good car for that money. Just compare them side by side all technology and size . Yes somebody will say that is not same ok there is many CNC machines that have 4 axes and there cost is in range between 5k and 8k for really big one. Difference is only in print heads and I don't agree on price of 15 000 extra for them only. Take a look et carve wright it is small CNC I did have one. It works on same principal as printers and can carve in wood and some other materials. That one brand new is only couple thousand. So somebody here in this industry is able to sell good story about this printers and that is most what costumers get. Keep looking ad comparing you will understand what I am talking. Al the best and have happy new year.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts