T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there guys,

After reading lots of forum posts here about a diy dtg printer my interests grows more and more
Lucky me, i got myself a Epson R2000 with 12 cartridges the printer is just 8 months old and only €70 euro
so iam really eager to get started
The base i would like to build should be like the r2000 base (see Picture)
I will keep u updated:D

Attachments

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forgive me for sounding stupid but very new to this business, are you turning the standard R2000 printer into one that will print on shirts?
Correct i,am going to strip the R2000 down to this

Attachments

· Registered
103 Posts
Good luck with your project I'm also looking for a nice design for the (base) platen for my epson r1900 build.
I completed my first build based on a Epson S22 by using mdf sheets but I'm curently looking for something to look more "profesional" for the R1900.
I like your concept and I also like the design that you are trying to replicate.

After building my first Epson S22 I understood better how the concept works and I'm currently looking for some "improvements".
Some of the things I would like to "upgrade" are related to the base cork plated platen.
It would be great in my opinion to build it in such a way that it should not make contact with the pf roller once you push it back for a new print or for the second layer print in case you use white ink.

An automated one would be even better, so I'm still looking for more information.

Once again good luck and keep us update.
Also many thanks to all the people here that shared great info on this forum and especialy Martyw who helped and guided me a lot.

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I have to say its easy working with this system of aluminium bars and connection blocks :)
I really have to say that the base is slightly different than what i first had in mind, but for me i think this design of the base is more easily for transport and light in weight.
The place where you put your printer (the frame base) will be fitted with a connectors and in the in the base of the printer there will be also a connector, this will make th connection between all the sensors, transport engine and power supply , so no more wires and cables in the back of the printer just put it in place and ready to go, i hope :rolleyes:

Attachments

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Progress

And yes the red spots are blood I have also produced some sweat
and the tears, I hope them not to see :D

Attachments

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
AL work don, no go :-( sprinter gives direct 2 orange blinking leds
adjustment program is full with all kinds of errors even some communication errors
the printer was working fine before i striped it :-(
Oke for some strange reason my Sensor relay board has fused oud :mad:
now i have to order a complete ASF UNIT.,IEI;CB35

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.