T-Shirt Forums banner
1061 - 1080 of 1142 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is a "discussion" forum and not a forum that warrants and represents that you will find spoon feeding information. But still, there are lots of helpful "spoon-fed" information out there and quite a number of people have built their working dtgs out of these info. Some are not even the DIY type of guy but manage to build a working dtg in just a few days - out of information found here.

We went through the building process with a handful of them LIVE as their dtg unfolds. We were there as it happens. Some got it to work pretty quickly and others after some troubleshooting with the help of others here. If you need to print tons of texts and still cannot complete the project then maybe a diydtg is not for you. I for one honestly believe that you can still build one out of the information still available.

I did have the cluebook as well as perhaps a hundred others but things have changed. We do not feel that building a drawer type dtg the diy way, for non commercial purposes, violated anyone's rights. But there has been a court decision. Some still feel that a diy for personal use does not constitute a copyright violation but we do not wish to get the forum into trouble. Due to copyright issues(or possible legal problems) the cluebook was no longer available for download. Most of those who have them simply refrain from sharing them out of respect for the author's decision as well as the court-upheld copyright owner's wishes.
BroJames
I will appreciate if you have compiled information for hobby purposes. Kindly send me at mmandreww at yahoo.com
Thanks.

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
No, I don't have any compiled information. The only diydtg I did was with a defective C66 only to see if I can do it. I do think I can do it. I have been following the DIYDTG threads and have aimed for a WF1100 but did not pursue it. My space(in my shop) is really too small. No space even for a visitor to sit.

Anyway, all you really have to do is browse through the threads to get the info you want. Just take notes along the way.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Guys you can get alot of information in the licenced to thrill thread,from what l came to learn is that its a violation to compile data and share it out to others even if its for free in this forum apparently they want you to take those many hours of research in the forums to get that info l have been doing that since last year very unfortunate for those who dont have that patience to the research.The above posted warning is as a result of such attempt but there are good guys around who are willingly to share information and l think will always answer your questions in the likes of pioneers of this stuff like german13,sign dog and spidex.What l have come to learn is once you understand how the build works man you can take on any challenge of conversion no matter what the model of the printer is and even come with better mods,go to youtube and you'll see how people use all sorts of weird epson printers.So the biggest assest before you start your build is to understand the operation of the dtg then everything else will be beautifully easy to accomplish.

·
Registered
28 Posts
This is a "discussion" forum and not a forum that warrants and represents that you will find spoon feeding information. But still, there are lots of helpful "spoon-fed" information out there and quite a number of people have built their working dtgs out of these info. Some are not even the DIY type of guy but manage to build a working dtg in just a few days - out of information found here.

We went through the building process with a handful of them LIVE as their dtg unfolds. We were there as it happens. Some got it to work pretty quickly and others after some troubleshooting with the help of others here. If you need to print tons of texts and still cannot complete the project then maybe a diydtg is not for you. I for one honestly believe that you can still build one out of the information still available.

I did have the cluebook as well as perhaps a hundred others but things have changed. We do not feel that building a drawer type dtg the diy way, for non commercial purposes, violated anyone's rights. But there has been a court decision. Some still feel that a diy for personal use does not constitute a copyright violation but we do not wish to get the forum into trouble. Due to copyright issues(or possible legal problems) the cluebook was no longer available for download. Most of those who have them simply refrain from sharing them out of respect for the author's decision as well as the court-upheld copyright owner's wishes.
Wow!Wasnt aware that there was a standing court order but l have to agree with you that there is alot of information around to enable one make a functioning one. What l came to understand is that once you understand the concept of the diy dtg then one cant encounter no obstacle infact one can come up with even better ideas coz l have seen in youtube some pretty solid stuff from all sort of printers majority of which arent even mentioned in these threads. By the way Brojames are you a screenprinter l think l see you alot in screenprinting threads am also a screenprinter and by far my best passion but also a tech junkie thats why am also here.

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
I am a screen printer but print only at home early dawn. But I have not been screen printing for months as long shop hours is taking its toll. Printing space at home is also small so I have to knock down my overhead drying cabinet to give way for home storage.

I am more into paper and vinyl heat transfer which I can do at my small shop. I wanted to add a diydtg but shop space too small (as well). Got a visitor from Siser-Italy last week and can't even offer him a seat. Standing, neither of us could take more than 1 step forward without bumping each other:D.

Anyway, that is why I monitor the dtg threads. It still requires less space than screenprinting. But I hope I can redesign everything though and do some screenprinting from time to time - If I can wake up early dawn as before:(.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am a screen printer but print only at home early dawn. But I have not been screen printing for months as long shop hours is taking its toll. Printing space at home is also small so I have to knock down my overhead drying cabinet to give way for home storage.

I am more into paper and vinyl heat transfer which I can do at my small shop. I wanted to add a diydtg but shop space too small (as well). Got a visitor from Siser-Italy last week and can't even offer him a seat. Standing, neither of us could take more than 1 step forward without bumping each other:D.

Anyway, that is why I monitor the dtg threads. It still requires less space than screenprinting. But I hope I can redesign everything though and do some screenprinting from time to time - If I can wake up early dawn as before:(.
Sorry for the space issue am also a home based printer with super limited space slowly turning it to a business and soon hope to get a workshop,dtg will just be a side hustle you know it still got a long way to go to make it commercialy viable than screenprinting hence l concentrate more on screenprinting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,

I have recently started building a DTG from the Epson Stylus Photo R3000. I have some concerns and first one is the RIP software. Is there any that supports the R3000? I confused about the mechanism, what I mean by that is the mechanism to make the T-shirt go forward and backwards. Can you help me build this machine?

All of the helps are appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
I am interested in getting the clue book for the t-dozer printer that use to be posted on this site but has apparently been taken down for legal reasons. I am very interested in building one of these machines. If someone could email me a copy I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
kareed

·
Registered
11 Posts
I`ve started to build my own DIY DTS/DTG printer based on R2880. I already buy two R2880. One new, and one used for parts/testing. I`ve disassembled the used one.

I will build frame using CNC construction profiles.
The Y axis will be build using linear guide and driven by belt drive system or ballscrews. I don`t know which one is better idea. Any clues?
The Z axis will be build using lead screw and electric motor.

I get inspired by this photo: CLICK

Can someone send me r2880 service manual? I can`t find it on google for free.
Can printhead on R2880 print with eco-solwent inks?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Did you manage to get anyone to mail some plans to get you started?? I have two 1400 I would like to play with converting but dont want to waste my time and money if the court order means we cant get docs and advice any more.

Its the basics of how the new bed moves in relation to the head I cant get my head round.

1061 - 1080 of 1142 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.