T-Shirt Forums banner
1041 - 1060 of 1142 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Theted
It will be grateful if you can give one name so we can trace upto 64 videos. I am newbie and trying to build with 1410.
I am new here too. I just went and typed a search for DIY dtg 43 and it came up with vid 43. They are there but they stop part way through the build. Most people on here have given their builds some tweaks of their own - it's DIY after all and the build really requires that you first learn as much as you can about how the printer works before you start. I read the entire forum and links and made my own notes before starting - there is stacks of info if you dig around a bit.

·
Registered
178 Posts
May be someone would like to download and burn them on a CD. If that's OK with the author. Anyway, what program is best to convert and burn youtube files?
Just made copy's of all 80 videos, then went thought the 70 page post & copyed all of the thumbnails full size.
Will be putting them on a CD/DVD
That's 4 hours of work with 389 MB of 80 video's & 140 pictures & video with146 MB.
this project was never completed,
There's alot of good info in there still.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Just made copy's of all 80 videos, then went thought the 70 page post & copyed all of the thumbnails full size.
Will be putting them on a CD/DVD
That's 4 hours of work with 389 MB of 80 video's & 140 pictures & video with146 MB.
Skip,

Just beaware this project was never completed, i recieved countless emails from folks whom followed it only to discover it wasnt completed.. It started with great intention and has some of the t-dozer design elements but once it got to the drive portion it never came to life due to design issue..

Rodney (forum creator/admin) has updated the first post http://www.t-shirtforums.com/diy-dtg/t146488.html#post870546 to hopefully curve some of this flustration by viewers, there are some very good elements regarding tear down of the printer (right from the service manual) and the base was a direct copy from the cluebook spiderx1 authored on his build version.. hope it helps:) theres alot of folks willing to help you when you get to the printer portion, getting the printer to function properly is the most difficult and the base has to be married with the intent function of the epson printer.. there are alot of things to consider and any one building these i always tell them to study its function in stock form and take as many videos as possible so you can go back and view them once the printer is dismantled.. theres alot of ways of doing the build and it also depends on the mode you chose to run in sheet,manual roll, banner roll etc it functions different based on this choice and the design needs to reflect the mode of operation..

·
Registered
178 Posts
I know it wasn't finished as we talked about it.
There are a number of different ways of building the tray travel, I guess he tried this way & it didn't work.
But what happen to him?
He was doing great work then nothing again.
Did he go another way on the table.
When you build something from scratch with new ideas, you will need to make mod's along the way till you get it right.
This is where alot of people drop it.
They think it's easy, but don't follow thought with it.

You think I made the "Z" drive lift overnight?
There were alot of thinking & drawing to come up with the idea & them build it with changes along the way!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvlaJ16PReQ&feature=player_embedded

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I know it wasn't finished as we talked about it.
There are a number of different ways of building the tray travel, I guess he tried this way & it didn't work.
But what happen to him?
He was doing great work then nothing again.
Did he go another way on the table.
When you build something from scratch with new ideas, you will need to make mod's along the way till you get it right.
This is where alot of people drop it.
They think it's easy, but don't follow thought with it.

You think I made the "Z" drive lift overnight?
There were alot of thinking & drawing to come up with the idea & them build it with changes along the way!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvlaJ16PReQ&feature=player_embedded[/media]

Im not sure the end result on his build, i just know there was never a working dtg that evolved from it and many had problems following the design mods, some even built it and it ended not well... It was more of a general reminder to the other viewers whom work there way thru and find out the hardway;)

I dont think you will have any issue getting the printer going, however i just wanted to point out the actual printer function is critical regarding bed travel and design as you are using expensive parts and a boo boo is costly.. the "z" drive portion will not have much bearing on its function as far as the printer (with exception of using manual roll mode as it uses the sensor in the printhead for registration) but the bed travel will have a direct affect on design along with your sensor type and placement..

i guess what im saying is a well studied stock printer function will make your life easier, if you have all the demensions you will be able to precisely order part lengths etc and this is easiest calculated by using the printer in stock form and recording the data.. to me not knowing the printer function is putting the cart before the horse as you are building blindly this way.... you may have already figured your dementions im not sure? have you chosen which print mode to run in? I guess building the base longer and trimming to fit would work aswell but you are using alot of metal parts and this would require a belt increase/reduction..

I think you are doing a fantastic job and the cnc style drive base, it will be exciting to see it on completion.. keep up the good work:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
i've been reading the posts in this forum since i joined... what i find is most of the link, specially the link for the clue book is missing. so i tried to concentrate on this topic because based on what i read, it tries to follow the clue book v2 with modifications. can anyone have the copy and send to my email... it is [email protected] ....

i find german13 and spiderx1 are the true asset of this forum. and i want to thank you... i hope i can contribute soon, but want to make sure first by reading... i have limited budget.hehehe

btw german13... what is your youtube name or where can i find your videos in youtube... diydtgwiki is not working now...

thank you all...

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
i've been reading the posts in this forum since i joined... what i find is most of the link, specially the link for the clue book is missing. so i tried to concentrate on this topic because based on what i read, it tries to follow the clue book v2 with modifications. can anyone have the copy and send to my email... it is [email protected] ....

i find german13 and spiderx1 are the true asset of this forum. and i want to thank you... i hope i can contribute soon, but want to make sure first by reading... i have limited budget.hehehe

btw german13... what is your youtube name or where can i find your videos in youtube... diydtgwiki is not working now...

thank you all...
Sent you a pm, as i said randy (spiderx1) is the author of the document your looking for, send him a pm and im sure he will put you in the right direction;)

·
Registered
193 Posts
By the way,I am interested in SpiderX project he was writing about,how its going and when we will have any informations about it? I am very interested in new vision of diy dtg.
Regards to all......

Randy(SpiderX) we are waiting...........best wishes

goto74

·
Registered
4 Posts
This forum is stupid what a complete waste of time. I could have bought a dtg printer in the time it takes to compile all of this worthlessness. info due to the fact you can't find one reliable build doc out there for this sort of thing. Please reliable is the word who wants scan loads of text just to find out the project can't be completed, where the hell did the clue book. Oh! Here is an idea get all York ducks in a row first then show some one how to build, not "JUST SCAN AROUND AND FIGURE IT OUT" WHAT kind of disorganized bull

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
This forum is stupid what a complete waste of time. I could have bought a dtg printer in the time it takes to compile all of this worthlessness. info due to the fact you can't find one reliable build doc out there for this sort of thing. Please reliable is the word who the wants scan loads of text just to find out the project can't be completed, where the hell did the clue book. Oh! Here is an idea get all York ducks in a row first then show some one how to build, not "JUST SCAN AROUND AND FIGURE IT OUT" WHAT kind of disorganized bull is this.
You should talk to whoever you paid to do all that work for you and demand a refund; sounds like the company you are dealing with is a serious PITA....

... Unless of course you are *ing about the fact that you would actually have to do your own research and compile your own plans to "copy" the work that other members of this community have generously shared with all of us for FREE...... In that case, shove it. These people show off what they have been able to do with their own hard work and ingenuity, and you think someone owes you a step-by-step manual to do it on the cheap and easy? Incredible.

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
Thread note: some posts have been moved out of this thread. T-Shirt Forums does not endorse, allow or condone copyright theft. Please do not come on T-Shirt Forums to compile information to try to sell it or distribute it to others. Members take a lot of time to share their information in our trusted community and it's pretty discouraging to see others grab it to try to sell or distribute somewhere else (even for free).

All the information you need on the DIY DTG builds is here in the forum. It just takes some time to research and read :)

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
This forum is stupid what a complete waste of time. I could have bought a dtg printer in the time it takes to compile all of this worthlessness. info due to the fact you can't find one reliable build doc out there for this sort of thing. Please reliable is the word who wants scan loads of text just to find out the project can't be completed, where the hell did the clue book. Oh! Here is an idea get all York ducks in a row first then show some one how to build, not "JUST SCAN AROUND AND FIGURE IT OUT" WHAT kind of disorganized bull
This is a "discussion" forum and not a forum that warrants and represents that you will find spoon feeding information. But still, there are lots of helpful "spoon-fed" information out there and quite a number of people have built their working dtgs out of these info. Some are not even the DIY type of guy but manage to build a working dtg in just a few days - out of information found here.

We went through the building process with a handful of them LIVE as their dtg unfolds. We were there as it happens. Some got it to work pretty quickly and others after some troubleshooting with the help of others here. If you need to print tons of texts and still cannot complete the project then maybe a diydtg is not for you. I for one honestly believe that you can still build one out of the information still available.

I did have the cluebook as well as perhaps a hundred others but things have changed. We do not feel that building a drawer type dtg the diy way, for non commercial purposes, violated anyone's rights. But there has been a court decision. Some still feel that a diy for personal use does not constitute a copyright violation but we do not wish to get the forum into trouble. Due to copyright issues(or possible legal problems) the cluebook was no longer available for download. Most of those who have them simply refrain from sharing them out of respect for the author's decision as well as the court-upheld copyright owner's wishes.

1041 - 1060 of 1142 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.