T-Shirt Forums banner
1021 - 1040 of 1142 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
What a WONDERFUL Statement; I was desperately trying to figure HOW I was going to come up with $20,000 to purchase a DTG Printer! Then I started looking on youtube.com and watching all the videos and decided "If they did it, I can do it!" Low and behold I found the link to this thread and logged back into my t-shirtforums acount after an 18 month absence.

I thank EVERYONE here for the "UnSelfish" sharing of information!
And yet someone selfishly took down all the videos. Why?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Since this 'selfish' act prevented some patentholders from taking further actions against the author of some of those video's.

Please read yourself into the following: http://www.t-shirtforums.com/diy-dtg/t174854.html
Thank you. Sorry that I had to poke the forum to get that information, but there were too many posts in the past week wondering where the finished videos and plans were.

Those of you that still want video, a simple search on YouTube will find Frank's collection (up until the point he stopped).

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Printhead should be about 2mm from substrate.
Suggest some type of adjustability to allow for different thickness of materials.

Reactions: grungetshirts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I tried the skateboard route this week.
So did we, but not at epic fail stage yet. Instead of mounting the truck that holds the wheels, we took the wheels off and mounted them directly on the drive shaft.

The idea is that when the shaft spins, so do the wheels, which touch the bottom of the platen. One less contact surface to worry about.

Only problem is no spinning, since the wheels have bearings. We've seen other builds that use roller blade wheels, but again, there's that bearing problem.

Anyone know how to seize the bearings, or where to source wheels of the same size (they fit the drive rod nicely) like skate/roller blades, with no bearings?

Cheers,
Kyle

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can some one please help, I want to get this 1900 dtg built. Seems like the plans are no longer available. Does anyone out there still have them, I also need a reliable parts list of a online shop/store that actually still sells the items needed to get this done. PLEASE HELP!!!!! I bought this pinter almost a year and a half ago, and no luck on the build dont even know where to start. I am about ready to give up and just buy one but I would prefer to DIY to save money rather than spend 3000 smackers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all, newbie to the group. I have been following this post and the you tube videos to do my own build using a r1800 that i had. I have the foundation built and the printer torn down, reviewing the steps to being assembly. you've done a great job on this diy project.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just wanted you all to know I stripped down a R2880 last Saturday and today 6 days later, just about 5 mins ago I printed my first T Shirt !!! on standard inks mind but with Epson drivers on a light shirt.
I followed Franks youtube videos upto when he stopped then I took a look at the T Dozer v2 and improvised from there.

Thanks for your help all
:):):):)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone. Newbie alert here. Been following thread for a few weeks now. Getting ready to start my r1900 build soon. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has contributed. The wealth of information provided is simply amazing.
I hope to be able to share any hard learned wisdom in the near future. Good luck to all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey I'm a newbie just about to start my build, good to see that this thread has so much info. I'm going with the R1900 and all that I have seen and read. Thanks to everyone that posted info here!

1021 - 1040 of 1142 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.