T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 1142 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
This thread is for the purpose of deep documentation of the R1900 DIYDTG build. We welcome anybody that has an input to add, no egos here. Special thanks to the team that made the other DIYDTGs possible.

Admin note: this project was never completed. If you need help building a DIYDTG, please read through the active thread here: http://www.t-shirtforums.com/diy-dtg/t120740.html

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am doing a build and fully documenting it for the people that come after me. Below is some photos of my build so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
Yes I chose to go with the 24 inch sliders. They're very heavy duty. Are you also doing a build?
Yes i am. i am now doing the drawer. i was told the l brackets are 1.5 inch only ones homedepot have are 1/8 teally thick not sure of there lenght. i might just use l brackets save on weight.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So the process had started. I went shopping at the local Lowes. I needed wood, screws, drywall screws, nuts, drawer slides, aluminum angle and a drill bit.
My parts list:
Medium Density Fiberboard project panel ¾” X 4’ x 8’ Lowes Part number 37461 $29.00
24” Heavy Duty Drawer Slides item Lowes part number 72793 $16.48
Qty 2 Aluminum angle 1/16” x 3’ Lowes part number 31196 $4.67 each
Contractors bag of 10/24 Nylon insert lock nuts Lowes Part Number 117730 $7.07
Bag of 10 10/24 x ½” round head screws Lowes part number 57818 $1.18
Bag of 6 10/24 X 1 ½” round head screws Lowes Part number 57861 $1.18
Bag of 36 #8 flat washers Lowes Part Number 58122 $1.18
A 13/64 Drill Lowes Part Number 219735 $2.17
Box of 1 5/8” drywall screws Lowes Part Number 112599 $5.94

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had the MDF panel cut into three parts at the store two 3 feet wide parts leaving a 2 foot part. Two cuts are free, it makes it easier to bring along.
I cut it up as follows.
Start by cutting the flatbed base to 33” x 36”
Cut two front supports to 5 ½” x 2 ½”
Cut back wall to 33” x 6 ¼”
Cut front lip to 14 ½” x 1 ½”
Cut two mother board supports to 8 ½” x 4”
Cut two tunnel side walls to 35 ¼” x 5 ½”
Cut two top wings to 35 ¼” x 9 ¼”

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
We looked over the clue book to gather what we could and my nephew Nick drew it up on Google Sketchup. For a young man the dude rules that program. This post is to give the man credit for a job well started. All 3d drawing’s you see now and in the future are produced by him.

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Next add your back, Tunnel Sides, and front part. I recommend using a brad nailer if you have one, use 1 ¾” brads. If not use the drywall screws and PRE DRILL! I split a few parts with the drywall screws. The brad nailer worked real well and is very tight!
NOTE If this is a keeper, paint all parts before assembly! This is a learning step for me for my next build for a different purpose in the art world, so no paint needed. You need to paint yours!

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK let’s add some rails! If you are using the rails I used from Lowes place them on the floor of the box and draw a line above them. This is the rail mount line. Now place another rail on top of that rail and make it 4 1/2” from the back of the box. Mark your holes with a sharpie. See photos below. Drill the holes with the 13/64 bit. This bit gives a very snug fit. Repeat on the other side. Do not mount the rails yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I want to restate this is my first build. I will be making corrections if they are brought to my attention, and or by the school of hard knocks as I go. So if you are building along you have been warned. I intend to document everything. Going to bed now good night all! More on Tuesday.

1 - 20 of 1142 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.