T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
This forum is such a great resource, especially being a novice learning the terminology. I am considering buying an epson r1800 for the dual purpose of photographic printing and printing transfers. I can use durabrite ink with it, but I am unsure about whether I can use magic mix ink which seems to come highly regarded here. Are they equal in terms of wash and cracking durability? Also, is there anyone who also does decals that could recommend a forum for that? (vinyl cling, rub on, etc.) Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also have an epson r1800 and have been trying to decide whether or not to go the magicmix route being that i use mainly glossy transfers which i read they are not good for... another thing is magicmix only comes in six colors (or last i checked it did) and the epson has slots for 8... what i did was order a 100ml photogloss from the place i got my bulk ink system from (even tho it wont be used in printing transfers, i dont wanna confuse the printer too much i guess..) and i was thinking to just use two blacks, for photo and matte, once i finally order the magicmix (once the glossy thing is resolved that is)... hope this helps, sorry if its ill formatted and jumbled, im in a hurry!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Magic Mix inks are great for digital transfers but will not work good for any slick/shinny surface like photo paper. They will not dry and will migrate on the slick paper.
God Bless You
Don

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the replies Don and IJay. I have much research ahead, but its good to know there are options.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hi, If you are using your printer for photo paper, Magic Mix will be a waste of money.I use Magic Mix for my transfer printer amd for photo i use Mis ink.
You can find them at ink supply. They produce great inks for printing photos,
They also sell refill cartridge.
T-Grrr, if you have a R1800 you are using ultrachrome ink not ultra brite. Ultrachrome are much better then ultra brite.

Good Luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts