T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I was wondering if anyone knew of a reputable place other than TLM that sells pigment inks. I have an Epson stylus cx3810 that was free when I bought my notebook this past christmas. I tried to get the infamous epson c86 but no one had it at the store where I bought my computer. Cindy at TLM has been very helpful and is still trying to see if she can help me, but I need another option besides getting another printer. I will be tapping into my marketing/advertising monies if I get another printer, and I dont think that is a good idea. Your advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Are you unhappy with your Epson CX-3810 using OEM Durabrite inks? Just curious because I'm pricing printers on buy.com. Your printer has same specifications as printer-only CX-68. Susan

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Suzieh,
It is not that I am unhappy, but everything that I have read here points towards the magic mix. Do you use Durabrite??. Also form your experience which way is more economical??. The printer works fine, I am just working on a budget, although as Rodney and the rest of the group always say" never sacrifice the quality of the product". With that being said I am looking at the options, but if you know where to get Durabrite cheap, please P.M. me. thanks.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I own 5 Epsons, three are the 900 workhorses. NONE are Durabrites...still trying to decide which Epson to get as we need to use Durabrite or Ultrachrome for other stuff besides tees.

Okay, I only use Epson OEM ink with Epson papers if I need photo-realistic.
I get the best printouts and have not had a single problem with printing EXCEPT when I used Rhinotek ink. In their defense, it's fine for just text printing and they did pay for two printers to get cleaned. As I have so many printers already, I may try 2nd party ink for t-shirts.

Cheapest Epson OEM ink....buy.com often with free shipping. I get the double packs. But saw that Best Buy has Durabrite value pack with free photo paper for under $34 this week. Second source is Costco for my Epson 880 ... they have double packs.

Susan

TenaciousTees said:
Hello Suzieh,
It is not that I am unhappy, but everything that I have read here points towards the magic mix. Do you use Durabrite??. Also form your experience which way is more economical??. The printer works fine, I am just working on a budget, although as Rodney and the rest of the group always say" never sacrifice the quality of the product". With that being said I am looking at the options, but if you know where to get Durabrite cheap, please P.M. me. thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts