T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All. Does anyone have an alternative to the large format Epson type printers used for printing all black transparencies? There are days when we run nearly 400"L of 24"W film so a large format is a must for us. I just hate having to buy a fancy color printer and then pay more for an all black system. It seems like such a waste to me. Any thoughts would be welcomed.

Thanks

Tom

· Registered
2,441 Posts
Hi All. Does anyone have an alternative to the large format Epson type printers used for printing all black transparencies? There are days when we run nearly 400"L of 24"W film so a large format is a must for us. I just hate having to buy a fancy color printer and then pay more for an all black system. It seems like such a waste to me. Any thoughts would be welcomed.

Thanks

Tom

The Canon imagePrograf iPF670 has a good reputaion and is affordable at about £900UK. Comes with Dye ink and has good speed. If you wanted a pigment ink version then the TX2000 is available, but a lot more money (£3000).

I nearly bought an iPF670 for film and poster production. The only reason I didn't get one was because I stopped screen printing large corroplast signs so didn't need a 24" printer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.